Part 54

The golden sunshine fell into the room through the giant window

The golden sunshine fell into the room through the giant window. It was slightly opened and the calming wind that came in made the white curtains shuffle around. The only sounds were the noise made from outside and the obnoxiously repetitive beeping of the heart monitor.

A figure in casual attire was sitting on a stool beside the hospital bed, hunched over. Her head was peacefully resting on top of her arms which were crossed right beside the patient's torso. She had dozed off after a long night of watching over the person laying on that bed.

It had been a week. A week since Haeun's world came crashing down. A week since the words of the doctor had pierced her ears, making her fall to the ground with a silent cry. And a week since a nurse yelled out in panic from inside.

"The patient's heart is beating again!"

It had all felt too surreal, but just a few hours later, she had been sitting on the stool beside Jisung who was peacefully sleeping.

And now, a week later she was in the exact same position. Sitting there, watching over him.

Taeyong had succeeded only once at making her leave the bedside which was the day prior. He had dragged her back to the mansion and forced her to take a proper shower and pack extra clothes. He had also finally gotten his little sister to eat a propel meal before she hurriedly set off for the hospital again.

Haeun hummed in her sleep, strands of her dark, silky hair falling over her nose, tickling it slightly.

"Haeun."

The soft voice made her frown, becoming aware of her surrounding yet with her eyes still closed.

"Hey, Haeun."

'Weird. This sounds exactly like Jisung.' She thought, sure that she was just imgining things.

Suddenly, she felt someone's finger slide over her forehead and placing the annoying strand of hair behind her ear lobe. Haeun's head shot up in surprise and as she jolted up into a sitting position, she gawked.

Jisung was still laying there, his eyes a quarter open as he stared at her with a loving smile.

"Oh my god." The girl breathed out in bewilderment. Her breaths then became heavy, tears flooding into her eyes as she watched him blink. "You're... you're awake." She blurted out.

He nodded slightly. "Seems like it."

"You freaking idiot!" Haeun cried out and smacked him on the arm. Jisung owed as she began sobbing. "Why did you do that?! You almost died!"

"I just woke up, why are you hitting me?" The boy whined, clutching onto his higher arm where he had just been hit. Haeun kept breathing shakily, trembling with anger and sadness. Jisung smiled to himself before grunting as he began sitting up.

They stared at each other as he leaned his back on the wall behind him with a slightly pained expression.

"I did that because I didn't want you to get hurt."

Haeun's breath stopped as she saw the sincerety in his eyes. Her stomach swarmed with butterflies and her heart beat doubled at an unhealthy rate. She couldn't stop the heat creeping up to her face, which Jisung also noticed.

The girl staggered for a little bit, her mouth opening and closing but no words coming out. Finally, she shortly cleared her throat. "I'm going to go take the doctor." She declared, standing up.

But Haeun couldn't even take a single step as a hand shot out to grab her wrist. She yelped out in surprise as he tugged on her, forcing her to turn around and stumble closer to him. His other hand cupped her cheek as the 2 stared at each other.

Haeun's heart was beating faster than ever before as his authorative gaze flustered her. Their faces were so close together that she could feel high warmth breaths fanning over her lips. Jisung's eyes began closing as he began leaning in. Yet Haeun did not push him away and even inched closer, her own eye lids shutting tightly. Their noses brushed against each other, sending a jolt of electricity through the girl's body as his thumb caressed her cheek carefully.

And then the doorknob to the room shook and in a moment of panic, Haeun pushed his chest and frantically stepped backwards wide-eyed. The sliding door opened and from it emerged Ten, Jaehyun and Kun.

"Oh, you're finally awake!" Kun yelled out in surprise, running up to the bedside. Haeun was flushed and she shuffled on her feet.

"I... I'm going to go get the doctor!" She hurriedly exlaimed before scurrying out of the door.

Jisung sighed, this being the first time that he was annoyed with the elder boys.

"Gosh, what's her problem?" Ten looked towards the shut door and Jaehyun giggled.

"I dont' know." He said amused, gripping onto Jisung's shoulder.

So I had this idea to like make everyone think that Jisung is actually dead and then one year later they meet again and he forgot everything, but then the book would just go on forever

But anywas, I'm such a terrible person for all these interrupted kisses like y'all probably hate me lmfaooo