Part 76

Haeun's eyes slowly opened

She found herself on a giant, completely white bed all by herself.

For some reason that didn't panic her at all and she began curiously looking around.

She was surrounded by white. Clouds of mist surrounded her and she could see the clear, blue sky above her head. The only object in this plain space outside of the bed was a giant, golden gate that led to...somewhere.

Haeun couldn't really tell.

Her heart clenched in surprise, seeing as something began appearing before her eyes. Not something, someone.

The clouds took shape of a teen girl. She was wearing a white dress with a golden belt. Her long, braided, black hell fell down her shoulders.

As Haeun looked up to the girl's face her breath hitched.

She looked so familiar.

"Hey, Haeun." The girl smiled, her teeth as beautiful as pearls.

And then it hit her.

"R-Ryuwon?" Haeun whispered out, her eyes widening.

The girl nodded her head as her hand intertwined behind her back.

"I wanted to say goodbye."

"What do you mean goodbye?" Haeun choked out.

"It was nice being with you through these years. But now that you don't need me anymore, I need to go to my rightful place in the afterworld." Ryuwon's smile did not even waver as she explained the situation.

Haeun couldn't even cry as she watched her best friend, looking alive and well, giving her a speech about how she was leaving.

"So please stop thinking about me. Move on and live your life as you wish. Don't let me stop you." 

"What do you mean-" Haeun took a deep breath.

"Goodbye Haeun. I'll miss you." Ryuwon smiled one last time before turning on her heel.

"Wait!" Haeun yelled out, but it was too late as her best friend already stepped beyond the golden gate.

_______________________________

Haeun shot up in her bed, looking around the room disoriented. The empty feeling felt worse than ever and she clutched her pained heart. Her breaths began getting heavy and sobs began escaping her lips as she tried to make sense of the situation.

Ryuwon had just left her. For the second time.

The sudden voice and Haeun being ripped out of his arms of course woke Jisung up who also sat up, immediately noticing her state.

"Haeun? What's wrong? What happened?" The boy began panicking, clutching onto her arms.

"R-Ryuwon, s-she l-left, I d-don't know w-what's h-happening, w-where did she g-go?" Haeun stuttered out with pleading eyes as she attempted to take a proper breath,

Jisung's eyes darkened.

The whole room was completely silent as all eyes were on the young girl.

She couldn't help but tremble slightly, not being able to process the new information properly. She felt all of these strong emotions all at once and she didn't know if she could handle it.

"So." She choked out, trying to make sense of everything in her mind. "The voice in my head was actually Ryuwon and now she's gone. Forever."

Taeyong bit down on his bottom lip, looking down at his hands. Naeun was in the chair beside him, trying to find any comforting words she could muster, but nothing popped up into her mind. Jisung was not too far away too, but he preferred standing up.

They had settled for the empty dining room. Empty just because most of the members weren't up yet and breakfast was being served two hours later.

Haeun looked up, tears filling her bloodshot eyes. "Why didn't you tell me?! I could have appreciated her more while she was here. Maybe we could have spent time together somehow. Anyhow."

"I'm sorry." Taeyong breathed out, guilt wasting over him. "She asked us not to tell you. She thought that you wouldn't be able to handle it."

Haeun took a deep breath, looking down once again.

Everyone was already expecting what was to come. Crying, screaming, maybe even some violence. A way to let out all of the big emotions she was holding in.

But none of that came.

Because as she looked up, she wiped her tears with the sleeve of her hoodie and smiled. "How was she?"

"What?" Taeyong's brows furrowed.

"Is she okay now? How was she feeling when she came out to see you guys? Is she still the same as years ago? Has she matured even a little?" The various questions fell out of her mouth way too quickly.

"O-oh. Yeah, she was okay." Taeyong stuttered, exchanging a confused look with Naeun.

"Tell me everything about her." Haeun got comfortable in her chair, desperate to hear anything about her best friend. "Please."

So

So... Ryuwon is now officially gone. But she seems to be in a much better place now :)

And shoutout to b_xack, please go check out her books!

If you want a shoutout too or if you just want me to read your works, I would really love to, so just message me!

And even if you don't have any books, still message me. I'm lonely and just wants some kpoppie friends  🥺👉👈