EIGHT (Aranel POV)

"Good morning."

"Good morning," I answer hesitating when I recover from my shock. I was picking cherries in the garden and needed a bigger basket, I went to the cave to find one but I wasn't expecting to run into someone sat on the bench next to the entrance door... unless she's my wife but Ruby's nowhere to be seen. "Can I help you?"

"No, thank you, dear. I'm waiting for the witch..." The small blonde creature smiles kindly while I stare at her puzzled... I don't know her but she acts like I should know who she is. I'm guessing she's a fairy due to the iridescent wings in a pearl white colour on her back and she's wearing a gorgeous blue dress but there's something odd: she's taller than those foulmouthed fairies who live in the wild blueberry bushes but shorter than major fairies like Morgan and Titania so I don't know in what category I should put her.

"I'm sorry, you're..." I ask kindly and stop because I need her to give a clue about how to treat her.

"Oh, sorry, where are my manners? I'm he Tooth Fairy, dear." The beautiful blonde creature smiles again while I stare at her with my eyes wide open.

"Of course, I apologize for not recognizing you. You left some coins under my pillow in exchange for my teeth when I was a child but I never saw you, actually..."

"Don't worry, no kid sees me..." The blonde fairy laughs amused and Ruby leaves the cave at that moment carrying a small bag that she drops at her feet carefully in order to put her black sweater on.

"I'm ready," she whispers and turns to look at me, putting her arms around my waist. The witch is kinder and sweeter than ever before, although I don't know if she does it because she wants me to forgive her after being rude to me or because she is developing stronger feelings for me, actually. Anyway, I'm enjoying the situation: a lovely witch is better than a grumpy wife giving me lectures nonstop. "Baby, I have to go. Listen, there's a dragon living in a cave west of here..."

"Dragon?" I ask scared grabbing her sweater in my closed fists.

"Calm down, everything is all right, you know dragons can sleep for hundreds of years lying on their treasures but this one has woken up and he makes a hell of a noise roaring and rolling on his gold coins, no one can sleep anymore and forest dwellers are going crazy, that's why they've sent the Tooth Fairy to ask me for a sleeping potion. I'm going to make sure I'll knock down that annoying winged serpent for the next 100 years with a dart that will be able to penetrate the hard scales. I've done this before so don't worry, it's easy... but you..." Ruby hesitates biting her plump lower lip and I smile amused.

"I'll stay here being careful, I'll pick cherries in the garden and later will have lunch with Luna, I won't walk away from the house or get in the caves labyrinth not matter what plan Malizia comes up with to trick me... I'll behave and wait for you to come back..." My wife nods and looks relieved because she's not the one delivering me this speech.

"Thank you..." she whispers kissing my cheek but I don't let her pull away.

"I've learnt my lesson, Ruby Rose, and will obey you... even if it's a pity because some of your punishments were very... interesting and I won't be able to experience them again if I behave like a good girl." My wife chuckles, her eyes shine mischievously when she leans to kiss me gently.

"Keep behaving like a good girl and I'll teach you new interesting games in bed... Hopefully, I'll be back in time for lunch with Luna and you but if you have any problem, send the cat... She knows where to find me." I nod and wave my hand while the fairy and my girl leave, vanishing between the trees, before sighing and going into the cave looking for the basket I needed and an apron to protect my clothes. Luna follows me to the garden and jumps on a bench to enjoy the rays of the sun, she's not the most talkative companion but I feel calmer when the cat is around. Time flies and I have two baskets filled with cherries soon while humming a song, I haven't made a great effort since the tree moved its branches closer to the ground willingly for me to pick the fruit easily; perks of being married to a witch, I guess.