Chapter 4

It was the next morning, and I was on my bad reading a book my sister sent me. I'm not the reading type but since I've got nothing else to do I guess this isn't bad either. My morning meds had been taken care of and now I was just relaxing until my lunch time.

I heard the door open and saw the nurse come in, following her was my friend Matt. I cheered up when our eyes met and he came up to my side and we fist bumped each other. "How are ya doing buddy?", He took a chair beside me and placed a bag near me on the bed.

"I'm doing better, thanks for coming to see me!" I replied, he proceeded to open the bag. "Of course, you're my friend, why won't I visit you?" He laughed out. "Danny, the therapist will be here in the afternoon, the doctor told me to let you know." The nurse said, I looked at her and she suddenly turned her head away and proceeded to leave. "Okay. Thanks for telling me." I replied as she went out of the room.

"She is a student from our school, right?" Matt asked, looking at the door. I gave him a sceptical look, "are you kidding me?" He turned back to me. "No, I'm serious, she is one of our juniors." He went into thinking mode as he placed his fingers under his chin, "if I'm not wrong, her name is Ella or something…" he muttered, I looked at him with an unbelievable expression. "Why does she work here? I mean we are still fifteen!" I whispered out. "I have no idea… Why don't you ask her next time. She's your nurse after all." He gave me a smug look. "What's with that tone?" I asked him with a sarcastic voice. He chuckled at my expression.

"Anyway, I brought you your PSP…." He said as he dug into the bag which he had opened a long time ago. The moment I heard the word PSP, I had stars in my eyes. This dude right here was a life saver. "Oh my god! You're a lifesaver dude! You have no idea how boring this place is!" I said as he handed me my beloved console. I hugged it as soon as it was in my hands. He laughed at my act, "I know dude, I also brought mine so we can have a game if you'd like." He said holding his own PSP in his hand. "Yes please! I had been waiting to get my mind in a game to save myself from this boredom." I said with excitement. We both logged in and played a one on one duel with each other for some time when the nurse entered again. We were so busy in our game that we didn't reply to her call.

"DANNY!" she shouted suddenly causing both of us to look up from our consoles. "What?!" I asked with surprise. Her face started turning red when I saw her, "The therapist is here." She said in a timid voice. My expression did a backflip as my fun time was over. I looked over to Matt, who was staring at her closely, probably trying to recall her from school. I hit him on the back of his head as he turned back to me holding the spot, "hey! What was that for?" He asked in annoyance. "It's time for you to go stupid!" I said, "you could have just said so.." he said rubbing that spot. I shook my head at him, "it means our fun time is over idiot!" I said with a deadpan expression, he now seemed to get it as he made an 'oh' face. He put his PSP back in the bag and took out a file from the bag handing it to me. I gave the file a confused look. Matt on the other hand hung his bag on his back and walked towards the door, before exiting he said, "it's your homework the teacher gave me to deliver to you." and ran out.

"Come back you traitor!" I shouted as I held the file in the crunch of my hands, he had only brought my PSP because he was about to give me the death penalty. I sighed knowing I had no other choice now.

I looked up when I heard a giggle, sure enough it was miss-i-am-gonna-bore-you-to-death. Though when she saw I was looking at her she silenced and hung her head low. I could also see a tint of pink on her cheeks. "Do you have free time?" I asked her, she looked at me with surprise. "What do you mean?" Her expression sounded like she was expecting something. "Do you have off shifts?" I asked again, she was definitely thinking something. "Yeah, but I gotta do my hom-" she started but I cut her off in the middle. "Don't worry, bring your work here. Actually I can't do it alone so it will be better if someone can accompany me." I told her, for some reason, she looked disappointed, but at the same time she looked happy. Girls are weird.