Chapter 38

Six weeks later.

The car ride back to New York was probably the longest one I've ever endured, between breast feeding and Rico wanting to be helpful or annoying me for attention. It would've been worse if it weren't for this RV Dro rented, luckily we're only have an half an hour left.

Of course, I'm alone not alone on this ride back. As much as I told him I'd be okay, he insisted that he tag along to help me with the kids and for my safety. Alessa's fussing made me look down to see her searching for my nipple.

"She can eat that's for sure," Dro chuckled. He has him arms around my shoulder, looking down at us with a smile. I simply nodded at him. "You're beautiful, Grace,"

A small smile appeared on my face but quickly went away. I look the same. Almost the exact same. I feel like I lost my glow. My smile isn't the same even when I smile. I'm just, I don't know.

The past six weeks have been crazy for my mental health. Alessa being born early took a toll on me but she's as healthy as she could possibly be with no complications. She was released from the hospital three weeks after she was born after staying in the NICU. Dro wouldn't let us leave for New York until she was 6 weeks old. Alessa is just perfect though. She is very good at latching and feeding. My milk production hasn't gone down at all and I'm grateful for it. But she isn't the problem.

Her father is.

I just can not shake those nights. The night the crazy side piece shot at me and induced my labor. I can't believe I was so unprepared like that. Dro would never leave me unarmed like that unless he knew I was safe. Did he really not think she would come around? But then she did and she almost killed me and he allowed her to fucking live.

I'm glad he did though. About a two weeks ago he brought me to a warehouse outside of the city of Chicago.

"Why're we here?" I asked him as his car pulled up to a abandoned warehouse. The lights around the place were knocked out, bob wire surrounding the building. He didn't say anything and he's been trying to kiss my ass for two weeks now. All day he's been silent.

We got out of the car and he snaked his hands to my butt as we walked. I would've pushed him away but it felt good to have him hold me, his cologne familiar in my nose. We got into the building and I immediately saw a shadow on the right side of the room in a chair. We got closer to the shadow and the crazy bitch Nina sat there.

"Are you serious?" I asked him. Her eyes sad and lips quivering. The fuck is going on here?

"It's the only way to make it right," Alessandro looked at me and then handed me his gun. I've always loved his gun, the details on it and the silencer made it look bad ass. "You or anyone else will never get the chance to disrespect my wife or even try to harm her," His deep voice echoed. He looked at Nina.

"Grace, I did sleep with her, but not while we were together or not while I knew you were pregnant," He turned to me. "When I left I did sleep with her but weeks before I even came back we stopped messing around, and then I came home to find out you were pregnant. She means nothing to me. I spared her life because I wanted to give you the opportunity that I'm doing now,"

Chills ran through my body. I nodded at him. Breathe. Her eyes snapped at me as I raised the gun an took the safety off.

I hovered my finger over the trigger. "I actually won't regret this one," I said to her and fired three shots into her chest, her body went limp and blood poured out like a fountain. As soon as I did it my chest caved. I felt like I couldn't breathe, I gave Dro his gun back and ran back out the door.