Chapter 28 ~ "I love complicated"

Nate

It's like me and Sasha have switched lives. Everyday she seems to do something new with somebody else and I feel like I just sit at home now. I could of course do something new too besides hockey but I just didn't feel like it. I was almost enjoying the choice to stay home and do nothing.

My weeks were already long before I started my double life with Sasha. Once I was spending time with her and hiding it from everyone else, things got really exhausting. I was running around trying to do so many things with so many people and Sasha was the only one who respected that I needed space.

That's what I loved about Sasha, she was never hard to get along with. She wanted the best for all of the people around her. She always understood when I couldn't do something with her, she'd just say we'd talk later on. 

Now that I had the chance, I was enjoying taking it easy for a while. I was also really behind on my schoolwork so I was glad for the downtime to catch up. 

I also knew this was good for Sasha, she was tired of being lonely and I liked the fact that she was getting more confident. Kate seemed like someone who was really quite positive, so I knew she'd come back from her day out and be really happy. 

Now the rain was starting to slowly hit the window, it had been cloudy and overcast all day but it only now just started to rain. It made me wish she was here, there's really nothing better than staying in bed on a rainy day.

Then I hear the unmistakeable sound of the front door opening and my ears perk up. I hear what sounds like a lot of rustling around and footsteps upstairs. Suddenly Sasha appears in the hall arms full of bags, hair drenched from the rain. She walks into her room across the hall in a pair of oversized jeans, a loose long sleeve and a light jacket, all damp from the rain outside. 

She walks in and tosses the shopping bags on the floor at the end of the bed and pulls her jacket off hanging it up over the door of the closet in the bedroom. She then lightly kicks the door closed but it doesn't close, the latch falls open and I watch her pull her damp shirt off and then she looks to undo her jeans. Does she know I can see her?

I watch them get undone and fall around her ankles where she steps out of them. I don't even know if I'm breathing right now. Her bras, both times I've seen them, are lace and feminine. Today is no exception, the underwear she's wearing show nearly everything to me. She's facing the bed so I'm effectively staring at her whole butt. 

God how can she think she isn't beautiful? Every part of her body is toned and firm with the same even, cool-toned skin covering it. It's like there isn't an imperfection anywhere. She suddenly turns around to put those clothes over the closet door too when we make eye contact. She looks frozen, not upset just surprised. Her cheeks heat up and she moves her clothes down in front of her waist, keeping me from looking at her underwear.

I stand up and cross the hall slowly, feeling completely drawn in. She just stares at me looking confused, but she doesn't look terrified. I pull open the door and close it behind me and she jumps a bit. I walk slowly towards her making sure I'm not upsetting her until I can rest my hand on her shoulder. She drops the clothes with a thud to the floor and looks up to me curiously.

"I didn't think you'd be home, I thought you would have gone out and done something for the day." She explains and my other hand rests on her other shoulder. "I also thought the door was c-closed."

"I was waiting for you to come back." I say quietly, running my thumbs back and forth over her shoulders. "I was worried that you got caught in the rain.....but, now I'm almost glad you did."

She closes her eyes and presses her lips together taking a deep breath. 

"Is this alright?" I whisper and she nods.