Chapter 33: Misunderstanding

Yu Bai returned home with the cake, Father Yu and Mother Yu along with his older brother and the sister-in-law were playing mahjong in the living room. When his little niece saw him come back, she crawled down from her father's leg and ran to Yu Bai's side to grab the box in his hand.

Yu Bai squatted down to reveal the cake in the box to the little niece. The little girl had loved to eat sweets since she was a child, shouting she wanted to eat cake.

"You can't even remember your own birthday, yet you actually celebrate other people's birthday," Older Brother Yu teased his little brother while picking up a mahjong tile, "Is the thousand-year-old tree finally blooming?"

Yu Bai had come out with his family a long time ago. His family had nothing against his sexual orientation nor they had any requirements for his partner, yet he had not even had any boyfriend for so many years. His family started to get worried that this ninja turtle would suffocate himself to death.

Yu Bai ignored the words spoken by his older brother and took the cake away from his little niece's nose, "I'll cut the cake."

The little niece watched the cake getting farther and farther away from her, the scent of the cream gradually disappeared, and she couldn't help but start sniffling her nose. The tears began to pool in her eyes, and the big tear drop fell down.

Yu Bai just stood up and saw his crying little niece pulling his trousers, he helplessly bent down to pick up the little niece with one hand then walked toward the kitchen with a cake in another.

He put the little niece on the baby stool, and the little niece opened her big round eyes to look at him taking the cake out of the box. She looked like she could not wait to plunge herself into the cream, completely forgetting that she was still in tears.

Yu Bai turned her away from the cake, forbidding her to approach the cake. The little niece sat obediently waiting for her treat. A pair of big eyes stared at Yu Bai, trying to activate her cuteness to make her uncle give her a big portion.

It was a pity that her uncle was not a straight man, he had been bent, a kind of bent that was similar to the mosquito coil, so he had no interest in her little beauty trick. The chibi drawing on the cake was more attractive to him.

Looking at the chibi version of Sheng Xing Ze, Yu Bai held the knife still in his hand, unable to cut the cake.

He was reluctant to cut the chibi Sheng Xing Ze into two pieces, even if it was a fake one.

He was now regretting why he wanted to have the chibi image of him on the cake. Was that it would be completely eaten anyway?

"Uncle."

The child's crisp voice pulled Yu Bai back from his thoughts, and the little niece saw Yu Bai holding the knife in midair, not cutting the cake. She did not know that there were so many things running through Yu Bai's mind, she just thought that Yu Bai wanted to keep the cake for himself and not share it with others, so she could not help but urge him.

"Wait a moment," Yu Bai touched the little niece's head and cut the cake along the outline of the chibi pattern. Everyone was having a big piece, leaving a complete chibi drawing in the middle of the cake box.

Yu Bai looked at his masterpiece with satisfaction, put the little niece off the baby stool, and handed her piece by piece of cake.

The little niece stepped on her little slippers and ran out to distribute the cake, and got several kisses along the way.

The four elders outside in the living room all had a large piece of their own, and the little niece stared at Yu Bai waiting for her own piece.

Yu Bai was told by his sister-in-law that he could not give the little niece too much sweets, so her piece was the smallest one. Yu Bai handed her the cut piece, and the little niece saw that her piece was smaller than the others and felt dejected, she was close to tears.