T W E N T Y F I V E

"I don't want to complain or anything, but F1 is giving me stress," Lando sighed and let himself fall on the couch. "There are so many things to do, I can't keep track of it anymore. I can't wait for the season to start in Melbourne."

Alex sighed. "The adult live starts; racing with the big boys." He sat down on a stool and let his limbs relax.

"But worth every moment for so far," George added and opened a bottle of water. "Can't wait for the test days." He sat down next to Lando.

"How are things going at yours?" Alex curiously asked and looked both at them.

Lando smirked. "You know, we can't discuss anything because we have rules, Alexander."

"I'm not asking you for details, I'm asking how things are going," Alex shot back.

"Well, things are going great," Lando widely smiled.

George nodded. "It's all going fine," he answered and ran his hand going through his hair.

Alex studied both of their faces. "Don't be too excited, please," he sarcastically said. "Things are going fine as well, thanks for asking." George and Lando both didn't look too excited, maybe it was because they were tired, but perhaps it was because something was bothering them. "Are you alright?"

"Yeah, why not?" Lando sighed and looked at Alex.

"Why wouldn't I be?" George asked off. He read the label of the water bottle, it was suddenly fascinating.

Alex nodded. "Because you both are acting weird." It stayed silence, George and Lando really didn't want to share anything. "Not that excited or happy like you used to be. Look, I know you both have been working at the factory all day, and you must be tired, but you're acting so off-"

"Nora knows," George blurted.

"Knows what? That you love her? Or that the earth is not flat? A little more specific would be nice," Alex said and looked at George, slightly annoyed he has to push him and Lando to speak up.

George took a deep breath. "She remembers the crash."

"Oh," Alex said and looked away. He took a deep breath and looked back at George. "How did she react?" An observing look appeared on his face.

"She...she was in shock and panic at first, but that's all I could read from her. She says she doesn't blame me, and that everything is fine between us, but how can you say that? I ruined her career, and she is okay with it," George blurted and looked incomprehensible back at Alex. "How can she not be sorry for the fact I ruined her career?"

Lando pressed his lips into a thin line. He sat up and looked down. "Nora acts like nothing happened," he added. "And it's all fine to her, she could have died, and she acts like we accidentally knocked over her glass of water."

"I don't believe she's fine. Nora is hiding her emotions. She can't just be like 'oh, no, I don't blame you, it happened, and you and I can't change it'. Doesn't she understand I caused an almost deadly accident?" George said in one breathe.

It was silence. Alex felt the tension on George and Lando; they weren't blaming each other and not Nora, but themselves. He blew up his cheeks. "If she says she's fine, then she is fine. And if she says she doesn't blame you, then believe that" he simply said. "I can't make it easier for you."

"I can't go on with that," Lando said and groaned annoyed.

"I will call her," Alex sighed and grabbed his phone. "And she will tell you she is fine, and accept it. Who do I need to call? Aubrey or her dad?" He looked at George and crossed his legs.

George looked at Alex's phone. "You can call her own phone, she has a phone since a few days," he answered. Both Alex and Lando frowned. "A classic Nokia, so she is accessible, but not getting the damaging stimuli."

Laughers filled the room. Alex shook his head and dialled Nora's phone number. "This is honestly something for her; stubborn enough to fix a Nokia," he laughed and put the phone on the loudspeaker. "A bloody Nokia," he chuckled.

"Yes?" An annoyed voice said when picking up the phone.

Alex smirked. "Good afternoon to you, too. It's Alex." Lando and George laid their eyes on the phone in Alex's hand. They all could hear Nora yawn. "Did I wake you?" She must be napping before he called.

"Oh, hi T-rex," Nora smirked. "Yeah, but it's fine. We can't ignore a Nokia, can we? That sound, my goodness," she dramatically said and sighed. A snorted left her mouth. "People in Australia can hear my phone ringing too."

All of the three boys laughed, but Lando and George kept themselves on the background. A dog barfed on Nora's side.

"Sorry, Oscar is a pain in the arse today," Nora apologised. "Short of attention. But what's up? Long time no talk."

A smile grew on Alex's face. "I'm good, actually, thanks. Busy times now, preparing for the test days and training a lot. How're you?"

"I'm glad I don't have to suffer anymore," she blurted. They both laughed. "I'm too lazy for training, can't take it anymore. But good to hear, how's Toro Rosso and Daniil?"

"It's a lot to process, to be honest. Living in the big world now. It's nice, and everyone is kind, but it is a lot to take. Long days, a lot of meetings, so many new things."

"Yeah, George told me about it. It's cool tough, I'm unable to experience this," she sighed. "Can't wait to see you all on the track, racing against each other, making history and memes." A smile grew on Alex's lips, that was kind. "I will visit you as much as possible, I want to see how much you grew into the world. I'm so proud of you all, be proud of yourself," Nora told him.

"You're too sweet, Nora," he replied speechlessly. "But how are you? You haven't replied to that question."

"Oh, I'm fine," she happily replied, she continued talking about her daily life.

Alex looked at George and Lando, he mouthed: 'see, she is fine.'

"I ran into Luca last week, it was nice to see him again. How's your family? Say hi to them from me when you see them."

Nora sounded fine, but the real question was if she really was fine.