6. Misunderstood!

Anaya's POV

"Maa ... I am back!! Where are you??" I asked as I entered my home and slammed the front door shut.

Something's wrong!! My brain warned when mom did not appear in the living room.

If everything was alright, Right now, my mom would have been here giving me a very good lecture for slamming the front door, as I always get one.

Chal Anaya ... Dekho kya kichdi paka Rahi Ghar me Sab (Go Anaya... Find what are your family upto)

I removed by bag and threw it on the sofa which was lying two feet away from me, and then quickly went to my parents' room searching for mom.

As I neared to their room, I could see that both my parents and my elder brother were in a serious discussion.

"Maa! I am hundred percent sure of what I saw!" Bhaiya was adamantly telling to mom.

"Dekh Samar! I think you are mistaken,  Mujhe lakhtahe tum Choti si baat ki liye over react karte hu ( I think you are over reacting for a small thing...)" Baba (Dad) interfered.

"Baba, aapko laktahe yeh Choti si baat hai??? (Do you think it's a small thing!) ... Baba I saw Anaya with a guy in the cafe and you are telling me that it's nothing!!" Bhaiya exclaimed... Anger evident in his voice.

What! Bhaiya saw me in the café with Ajay!!!

Oh god ... I think I need to go and clarify everything before he could jump into conclusions!!

I pushed the half shut door of the room with a bang!

All three of them turned towards my direction astonished! Where as I stood facing them with a serious expression.
Mom came forward to say something but I signaled her not to tell anything and then went straight and stood in front of bhaiya.

"What were you saying bhaiya??" I asked as I stood in front him my hands crossed against my chest.

"Nothing so important - I was discussing about a business deal with dad." He said looking somewhere.

"Acha toh mama yaha kya Kar Rahi hai (If it's so what's mama doing in here)?" I asked raising my eyebrows.

"That - Actually... " He stammered.

"Don't try thinking for any other reasons because I heard what you were telling dad." I said sternly in a deep voice.

"What do you think you were doing bhaiya? You were complaining about me to mama and papa??" I asked anger evident in my tone while he looked down.

"Listen beta even I was telling him that he must be mistaken ... You just leave this now and go get freshen up." Papa said trying to divert the topic.

"No papa, I think it's necessary to clarify his doubt before he could think of anything else..." I said looking at dad, and turned to look at bhaiya, "Is it necessary for you to take things in the wrong way when a guy and girl meet at a café?" I asked.

"Anaya it's not regarding what I think, it's regarding what people think!" He argued.

"Seriously bhaiya?" I asked unbelievably.

"Ha... I don't think there's nothing wrong in what I said and papa I think you'll agree with it?" He said and looked at papa for his approval.

"I think he's got a point beta, it's not about what we think - you we know that whom ever you met today was a friend of yours but the others don't know that nah?" Papa joined with bhaiya.

"Aap bhi? (Even you?)" I asked disappointed.

"Mama aapko bhi aise laktahe kya?" I asked.

"Anaya I think your dad and bhaiya- " my mom too joined with them.

"So it's clear that all of you think that what I did was wrong right?" I asked.

"It's not that dear, you know very well why we have to think about the society... You know nah?" Papa remarked.

"I don't think so, Shayad Woh bhool gayi hai ki Uska Sagai hogayi. (Maybe she has forgotten that she's engaged)." Bhaiya retorted.

"Bhaiya could you stop accusing me?" I asked fuming in anger.

"Dekho Anaya Maine yeh Sab Tumhe hurt Karne ki liye Nahi bol Rahi hu ( Look Anaya I'm not saying all these to hurt you) - I am just trying make you understand that if you keep meeting as some random guy outside, your in laws wouldn't like that. You get it right??" Bhaiya said in a calm tone.

"First of all let me clear you something, Ajay is not some random guy, he's my friend and secondly You think I care about what they think?? Anyway what did I do wrong? I just gave a treat to a friend who helped me. Just because they are my would be in laws doesn't mean I change myself according to their will... Moreover If they do have any problem with me let them talk to me, I'll clear their doubts other than that I have nothing to say regarding this." I declared looking at bhaiya and papa.

"But Anaya - " Bhaiya tried to say something.

"Okay dear, we agree with you. Tum jao aur aaram Karo ( You go and take rest), you must be tired." Papa interrupted bhaiya and said.

"Okay papa." I said and came out of the room.

"Papa why did you stop me? I think we need to make her understand -" I heard bhaiya talking to dad.

"Listen -  you don't need to make her understand anything, she's clear in what she's doing, I had to listen to what you said and I did that, now forget this and mind your own business." Dad lectured him.

I smiled relieved, finally misunderstanding is cleared.

But little did she know that this small misunderstanding would create a big problem in her life.

___________________________________________

Hey There Everyone!!

How are you'll??? Looooooong Time nah see!! *Scratches the back of My head*

I'm really sorry for the laaattttee update but at the same thing thanks for bearing up with me!!

Who missed Anaya and Ajay???!!

And how was today's update?? Any idea what would come next???

So how was the twist??😉

Hope you'll support me as always!!

Keep reading, voting and Commenting!!

Love you'll people 🥰!!

Take care everyone.