seattle

S E A T T L E

Iris, Ellie and Dina set off to Seattle as soon as Maria gave them the go ahead. They were nearing closer to Seattle as the older woman rode in front of the two girls.

She took the lead as Ellie and Dina trailed behind her on Shimmer, Iris pushed Arlo faster as she came around an overgrown road full of cars, looking over her shoulder, the woman notices that the girls were no longer behind her but were riding slowly much further back as they held a conversation.

Since Joel was taken by the WLF, Iris wasn't much for talking, leaving the couple to speak amongst themselves on the way to Seattle. Her mind was set on getting the man and his brother safely back to Jackson, meaning that she all her attention mainly went to the journey, only opening her mouth if she was spoken too.

Iris rides Arlo back to Dina and Ellie as she announces, "I found a highway down there, we're close, c'mon." She turns the horse back around as the girls catch up to her side.

"What about you, Iris? How old were you first kill someone." Dina asks as she grips onto Ellie's waist, she leaned her head onto Ellie's shoulder and blew some of the girls now short red hair out of her face.

Iris purses her lips as she pushes Arlo forward, "it was a few months after the outbreak, so I would've been about twenty five, twenty six. I was held up in an apartment building with my roommate. We went scavenging one day and this crazy guy comes running towards us screaming... he tells us he got bit and he didn't want to turn. He asked us to do it, said he didn't have the balls to do it himself. So I pulled the trigger..."

Dina mutters a small curse under her breath as Ellie tightens her grip on the reins, because even though she had forgiven Iris and Joel, she was still touchy about the fact that she would've been the key to a vaccine, "so how far are we?" The auburn haired girl tries to change the subject.

Iris clears her throat and nods her head forward, "just down here, found a bunch of cars, shouldn't be to far away now."

Ellie nods as Dina asks, "what about those crazy cannibals you said you three ran into? They came after you guys once, maybe these WLF guys are connected to them."

Ellie ducks under some hanging branches, shaking her head, "no. It didn't seem like the same group." Dina continues to guess as she to ducks under the branch, "maybe they're the black market smugglers back in Boston?"

Iris shakes her head this time, "no, they mentioned me, it must've been someone we pissed off together, which really doesn't narrow it down." She sighs, having the thought as the fireflies lying at the forefront of her mind. They ride through to a clearing to the road that Iris had told the girls about.

"I guess you do know where you're going." Ellie teases, peaking into car windows to see if there were any left over supplies. "Sure seems quiet." Dina mutters over Ellie's shoulder.

"Think about how well we hide our lookouts." The redhead says to her girlfriend. "That's what scares me." Dina replies as they spot a large graffited quarantine zone gate.

"Is that the QZ?" Dina gapes up at its huge stature, "yeah, keep an eye on the high spots." Iris orders as the girls hop down form Arlo and Shimmer.

"WLF. Trespassers killed on sight." Dina reads, "that's friendly." She says sarcastically. "At least we know we're in the right place." Ellie says as she writes something down in her journal, "where is everyone?"