Chapter 3

Ty could feel how everyone was staring at Kit and him, wondering why they were staring at each other, so he looked to the other members of the family.
As they introduced themselves Ty's thoughts always went to Kit, his Watson, standing in the room.
The noises grew louder so he put his headphones on.
Livvy was flooding behind him as always, and as he looked at her, he realized she was grinning.
She was happy about it and Ty was too, but Kit made it clear that he wished the two of them never met.
It was already late, so Peter showed Ty his room, wich was apparently next to Kit's.
He excused himself, saying he was very tired because of the plane ride, and got to his room, not tired at all.
„Kit is here.", he said, sitting on the bed, his face had gone bone white.
„I know you guys had a fight, but that was three years ago, don't you think you could be friends again?", Livvy asked.
„He made it clear he doesn't want me to be friends with him. Magnus said he even didn't wanted to say goodbye to me...", Ty answered, his voice was in pane.
He reached into his pocked, pulling a toy out, Julian had gifted to him, so he could play with it.
„Maybe you should..", Livvy started.
„No, Livvy.", Ty's voice had gone soft. „And now I'm gonna sleep, the travelling was indeed exhausting."
Without another word he put his headphones on, lay down on the bed, and tried to sleep, but all he could think of was Kit.

Kit sat on his bed, still in shock.
Ty was here, would stay here for a year with him.
He didn't even care about Kit, wouldn't it be awkward between them?
It has been three years since he'd last seen his past friend, and he hasn't chanced much since.
He grew a little taller and looked much older, like an adult, but he was still Ty and beautiful.
When Kit saw him the first time, Ty had held a knife against his throat , but that didn't matter because all what Kit could think of was how beautiful that mysterious boy in front of him was.
Ty was the most beautiful person Kit had ever seen.
„Kit?", a low female voice asked.
As Kit looked up, he saw Livvy, floating to him.
„Livvy, Hi.", he said, happy to see her.
„How are you?", she asked, in her usual calming voice.
„I'm- Livvy, by the Angel, how do you think I'm feeling?", he started, „I haven't seen your brother in three years and he hates me!"
„He doesn't Kit, he cares about you.", she said, „Do you remember when I once told you Ty wears his headphones less when you're around?"
Kit nodded.
„In these three years, every time I tried to mention you, to talk about you, he immediately put his headphones on, as if to protect himself from the pain he feels.", she said, hope, but also sadness in her voice.
„Maybe he just didn't want to talk about me because he doesn't care!"
„He does Kit! By the Angel, how can someone be this blind? And I mean both of you! I know Ty since eighteen years, I am his twin- I know what he feels.", she said, anger swung in her voice.
She continued, „He just said that you didn't care about him and then I wanted to talk about it and guess what he did. He put his headphones on and pretended he wanted to sleep."
„I- Livvy I don't know...", Kit said, „I miss him more than you can think, every day.
When I see an animal I always want to turn and tell Ty, only to realize he isn't there anymore."
„Think about it Kit, we can talk tomorrow.", her voice was now soft and her ganze was pitying. „I've missed you.", she said and then got out of the door.

The next morning Kit was awake early.
He slept bad, constantly thinking about Ty and what Livvy had said.
Nonsense. Ty didn't care about him, Kit knew that.
A knock approached on the door and Kit sprinted towards it, deep deep down hoping it was the person who had rejected him three years ago.
„Hi.", it was Peter, Kit's heard sank.
„I just wanted to tell you that we're gonna patrol today, it's you, Ty and me.", he said.
Kit just nodded, but his heart was racing.
He didn't want to patrol with Ty. Kit just wished they would still be friends and that the boy would care about him.
Peter and him went down for breakfast, where Ty already sat at the table , with his headphones on.
Their eyes met for a moment, grief in Ty's eyes, but Kit quickly looked away.
It was loud in the room, that was probably why he wore his headphones.
When there where too many people talking Ty felt like glass would shatter in his head, it was terrible for him.
At this thought Kit wanted to go to Ty and wrap his arms around him, like this one night where all that mattered was that they held on to each other.
As Kit sat on a chair, Misses Bellfeur said, „Kit, I believe Peter already told you, but you're going to patrol with Ty and Peter today."
„Oh yes, he already told me.", Kit said and took a bite of his croissant.
Everyone ate their breakfast and it continued to be really loud, wich kind of reminded Kit of the Blackthorn household, where there was trouble every time.
Kit looked at Ty, and realized Ty had been staring at him.
Both boys flushed and quickly looked away.