Chapter 7

Kit Herondale lay awake this night, because he thought about the beautiful, black haired boy, who he'd fallen for again.
„Why? Haven't I learned from the past?", he mumbled to himself.
„I hope I don't scare you this time.", Livvy said and sat onto the bed, next to Kit.
„No it's fine.", he said.
„What's the matter?", she asked, clearly worried.
„You were right, I'm falling for Ty...again."
„So you were in love with him three years ago?"
„I was but now I am in love with him again."
„I don't see why you make it sound like it would be a bad thing.", she said.
Normally Kit wouldn't have told anybody, but now he was devastated and just wanted to get it off his chest.
„Livvy, I told him I loved him...that night he wanted to raise you. I told him it would be a terrible idea because it was dark magic, I was afraid something might happen to him and then..."
„And then what?", Livvy pushed gently.
„He ignored me, raised you from the dead, and then I left the country.", Kit said.
„Oh Kit, I am so sorry."
„Do you understand why I don't want to be in love with him now? But it's impossible, he just needs to look at me and I will think it's the most precious thing I've ever seen."
„Do you know what he once said to Mark?", Livvy wanted to know and Kit nodded his approval.
„Ty said he does't understand what the phrase ‚I love you' means. Maybe it's the same now."
„I'm not sure Livvy. I don't think he likes me."
„I'm not sure ether but I know Ty. The way he looks at you...", she started.
„Yes?"
„It's like you're the only thing that matters to him, as If you are the world and everything revolves around you. He wears his headphones less when you are around, and when you laugh...I can't describe his expression but it's like he looks stunned, every time, as if he'd see you smile for the first time.", she finished and now Kit looked stunned.
But he was not convinced.
Livvy seemed to notice that because she said, „Just try it, tell him how you feel."
„I did that once and he ignored me. Can you imagine the pain I had to get through? I thought about him every day."
„No Kit, I mean tell him how you feel, don't tell him you love him, he won't understand, tell him what you feel when you see him, when you touch, laugh and look at him."
„I don't want to ruin our friendship again Livvy."
„Love is worth the risk. Do you want to be unaware if he may like you for the rest of your life?"
„I- I just don't know Livvy. I'm afraid."
„Take your time, think about it.", she said.
„I do that all the time anyways.", Kit said and let out a low laugh.
She smiled at him.
„Please tell me what you did these last three years.", she said.
„I have a wonderful family now, more than my father ever was to me. I feel loved, Livvy, and my little sister Mina is adorable and I'm sure, she's gonna play the violin when she will be older.
My best friend Lia is great! I always trained with her and miss her so very much.
I also got a few other friends and I've had two girlfriends."
„At the same time", Livvy wanted to know.
„Of course not Livvy, what were you thinking!", he said and laughed again.
„I don't know what you've been up to these years or what kind of a person you've become."
Kit laughed again.
„Did you love them?", Livvy asked.
„Not as I love your brother.", he said but then continued with, „What happened to you guys these three years?"
„Well first of all I am a ghost.", she said and laughed but her eyes were a bit sad.
„And second of all?", Kit asked and smiled at her.
„I saw my family.", she said , tears gleaming in her eyes.
„They didn't see me of course, but it was beautiful to see them happy, not in terror or war.", she said.
They talked for a long time but then Kit got tired.
„Good night.", Livvy said and floated out of the room."
„Good night.", Kit said, smiling, he'd missed Livvy too.