Chapter 10

*Phoenix's POV*

I was remembering everything.

What I was. What the Volturi did. The truce with them. My abilities. Everything.

As I was unconscious, I was getting flashbacks that my parents had made me forget.

I was in the Volturi palace standing before the three kings. Two of the guards had a hold on me.

"How is it you survived and why are you here?" Aro asked.

"My parents and I were out of the range of the avalanche when it hit. And I am here to propose a truce." I answer, shaking the guards grip off of me.

"And what truce would that be?" Aro asked suspiciously.

"You let me and my parents live and set a law that no creature can harm my kind. And in return, humans will expect us to be extinct, we will not show ourselves to them and I am not to set foot in Volterra unless I want to die." I say. He looks at me curiously.

"Alright then. I guess that can work. You have five minutes to exit Volterra before we are allowed to dispose of you." He says.

I nod before running and jumping, turning into my bird form.

I flew through the sky's and landed just outside of Volterra's limits. I changed back and shook out my long red hair.

The visions smiled ahead to my parents arguing while they thought I was asleep.

"We need to make her forget about this world, give her a chance at a normal life." My mom said.

"Why do that when she has been alive for a thousand years. Her hair and eyes will stand out like a sore thumb, not to mention." My dad said.

"I don't care. I want her to have a normal life for once. I am erasing her memories whether you like it or not." Mom said before storming off.

Dad close behind her, trying to get her to change her mind.

They were going to erase my memories. I wouldn't remember what I was or what I could do. I would think I was human.

Past me started to play with a small flame that sat in my palm. My eyes stated to glow a fire red and my hair sparked up. It was the last time I would remember.

Then they ended and i was reminded of everything I went through, but from a different perspective.

I knew what I was and what I could do. The vampire venom must of triggered it. These memories that I am starting to remember.

*Edwards POV*
I sat by Nix, holding her hand. I didn't care what she was and I knew the others didn't either.

Jasper came and checked on her regularly. So did Rosalie and Lillian. I didn't leave her side. While, only to hunt.

Carlisle made up an excuse as to why neither me or Nix were at school and why he wasn't at work.

Nix was extremely sick and he needed to stay home to take care of her. I was home to help her get through it seeing as we were the closest.

I needed to hear her voice again, to see her eyes again. I was thinking about all the things I needed from Nix that I didn't hear someone walk in the room.

"I miss her two." I heard Jaspers voice say. "It will be over soon and she will wake up."

"I know. I just miss the way her voice sounds." I tell him honestly. He knew that I was depressed without my mate. He could feel it.

"It's been a couple days so she should be starting to wake up soon." He tells me.

Lillian and Rosalie come to check up on her. They smile sadly at me.

"How are you holding up, Eddie." Lily asks. I chuckle at the nickname.

"Not that well." I answer. Jasper had then left to go hunting or something.

"She'll be fine. If she does die, she will come back. That's what Phoenix's are known for, right." Rosalie tells me.

"Yes." They leave me with Nix. "Please wake up, honey. I need to see you again." I whisper.

I see her slightly move in her sleep. That's a good sign. It means she's waking up. Hopefully by tomorrow she'll be awake.

Word Count: 718

This is short, I know. But thank you all so much for reading my book and for 800 reads. It means soooooooooo much to me.

How do you feel about Phoenix's flashbacks?

How do you think she'll act now that she knows the truth of what she is?

Vote. Comment. Follow.