n i n e t e e n

A/N: blue's performance is loosely based on the melody of the song "Creep" by Radiohead. i added the instrumental, piano version above that i was inspired by, so you can listen to it as you read if you want.

enjoy!

She walked into the building, inhaling deeply. The lobby was packed with people, and she felt proud to know that they would all be hearing him play.

This was the grand audience he deserved from the very start.

  She went over to the snack bar and ordered a drink. The person looked over her credit card, then handed it back to her with a polite smile. "Here you go, Ms. Eden Ford. Enjoy the show."

  "Thank you," she said as she took a sip of her drink. She then stood in line to show her ticket and took a look at the people who'd be sitting with her. They appeared to be a high-class crowd; she hoped their music taste was as good as their fashion sense.

  Once she stepped into the concert hall, she began searching for the seat he had reserved for her. She was shocked to discover that she was in one of the front row seats, exactly in the middle.

  She sat down and chewed the inside of her cheek nervously. She turned to look beside her, expecting to see professional spectators, but was met with an excited family of three.

Before she could question it, the first performer of the night strolled onto the stage, and everyone became silent. There were many more musicians before him; she waited patiently for his turn.

Finally, she saw him appear on stage, making his way to an elegant piano, her favorite instrument. The host, who stood on the side of the stage, cleared his throat before speaking. "The next contestant of the night is full-time musician Dion King, performing an original song."

"Go Dion! That's my baby!" the woman beside her yelled, along with the other two in the family, and her eyes widened in realization.

Her attention returned to the stage when the sweet sound of the piano filled the room, played by his gifted hands. She watched with pride and joy as he performed on the biggest stage of his life, in front of the biggest audience.

He then began to sing, his rich, velvety voice touching the depths of everyone's hearts, when it was only meant for one.

"You were the golden sun," he sang softly. "That shined into my heart."

"You're like diamonds, in the cold, dark dirt."

"You danced in my eyes," his voice drawled out every note flawlessly. "Oh, you smiled."

"You were special."

"You're so special."

He poured all of his emotions into every key he played, and she felt every one of them in her heart. His words were so gentle, so delicate, but there was a certain aching in it that took her breath away.

"You're my Eden."

"You're my garden."

He closed his eyes, letting his soul speak for itself, to her.

"Your light bloomed inside of me. Please will you grow with me?"

"I don't care, if the world wants to tear us apart."

"I want you by my side. I need you by my side."

He then paused as he took in a shaky breath. His voice seemed to grow even softer, baring his heart and soul, and she listened carefully.

"You're my Eden. You're my garden."

"Please will you grow with me?"

He opened his eyes, twisting his head to find her in the audience. A warm smile formed on his lips as he played the last note, and sang the last lyric. "Eden."

The room fell silent for a moment, taken aback by the beautiful display of pure emotion and affection that he displayed on the stage.

She was the first to stand up and, with tears rolling down her face, clap her hands vigorously. His family followed, and then the rest of the audience.

But he drowned out everything else, and only looked at her.

Because it was true, she was his lost Eden. His paradise. His happiness.

His love.