I will never leave you

"Hey" a voice said from across the room.

I open my eyes and see white, I look over to my left and see an IV in my arm, and a bunch of machines that I was hooked up to.

I looked over to my right and saw Jacob, sitting there, with tears streaming down his face.

"What's wrong?" I asked, worried that something had happened to Joseph.

"I can't loose you again Kam, last time was rough, but I knew I would see you again, this time it was almost real Kam, never do that to me again." He begs.

"I'm sorry Jake!" Great, now I'm crying too! He crawled over to my bed and lays down and wraps me in his arms.

"I love you," he whispers gently. I turn around in his arms so that I'm looking him in they eye.

"I love you too Jake." I smile and cuddle close to him.

It wasn't the first time he had said it to me. I loved him like a brother.

"Yeah but..." He started

"What?" I asked looking up at him.

"Nevermind," he sighed and got up, "I'm gonna go get Joseph, he's been wanting to see you for a while now." He smiled and walked out.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"hey kiddo," I bawled.

Even though I had only been out for three days, it was rough.

I missed Joseph so much, and seeing hi so sad made it so hard.

"I thought you were going to die." He sniffles into my shirt.

"I will never leave you Joseph, I will always be her for you, no matter what. You will always have me here for you. I'm not going anywhere." I sighed and held him.

We spent the whole night like that, crying while I held him to me.

There was no way that I could ever let this kid go.

He needs me, but I think that it's more than that. Without him, I don't have a purpose.

I live to take care of him, without him I would be lost.

He might need me, but I need him far more.