26

Howdy hey! Long time no see! That may be a lie. I don't actually know when the last time I updated was. It feels like forever ago. Anywho, Band has been going amazing and I have a football game on Friday, so I'll probably post a new chapter before the game to distract myself, and so I can reply to comments during 3rd quarter. Also, quick update on my sister's sticker business, she has decided that to start off, she will NOT be shipping internationally, which bums me out. We're gonna get everything running soon, so lmk if you want some sticky bois. Also, feelings are weird and I think I may like someone, but I haven't had feelings for someone in a hot minute, so I can't tell, so that sucks. But let's have some fun and get a new chapter out. And you know we gotta stream SKZ's new bop.

(Lyrica's P.O.V.)

We exit the building at the same time that Stiles, Isaac, and the girls pull up in the jeep. Scott and I carry Derek between us, his body nearly limp. The teens all exit the jeep, Stiles and Isaac running up to us.

"Is that him? Is that Derek?" Malia asks my brother, highly confused.

"Uh, sort of." Stiles stutters.

"Mom?" Isaac frowns, and Derek lifts his head to reveal his face, only much younger that it should be.

"Come on. Let's get him in the Impala." I tell Scott, turning towards my vehicle.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Scott and Stiles come running from the clinic as Isaac and I pull up in the Impala, teenage Derek passed out in the backseat. I quickly kill the engine and the boys pull my mate from the car. I hold the door open for them and we rush inside. Deaton and Lydia throw everything off the table, and the vet helps Scott lie him down. I stand by his head, pushing the hair off his pale face.

"Wow." Deaton says, looking down at him.

"Wow? Wow as in, 'I've seen this before and I know exactly what to do' kind of wow? 'Cause that's kind of what we were hoping for." Stiles rushes to say.

"I think you might be overestimating my abilities." Deaton gives Stiles a look.

"He's cold." I change the topic, feeling my mate's face and neck. "Really cold."

Deaton grabs his hand that Lydia isn't holding, feeling it before laying it down and walking away to grab something.

"Do you think this is permanent?" Scott asks. Deaton grabs a flashlight, opening Derek's eyes and shining it in them.

"I'm not sure a medical diagnosis is even adequate." He lowers the light. "This is well beyond my experience."

"So what do we do with him?" Stiles questions.

"Until he wakes up? Probably not much. It might be best to leave him with me. He'll be safe here."

"You mean from Kate?" I sigh.

"If she's alive and she is what you say she is, she won't be able to walk past that gate." Deaton gives me a sympathetic look.

"Why would she want to do this to him?" Lydia asks.

"Knowing Kate, it's probably for a reason that won't be any good for anyone but her."

"And bad for everyone else." Stiles scoffs.

"You guys should probably go home." I say, watching as Stiles rolls his neck with a yawn, Isaac's eyes droop, and Scott slouches. Lydia looks tired too, but not as much as the others. "He doesn't look to be in any danger, and Deaton and I will stay here. So maybe the rest of you should get some sleep?"