Chapter 13

Allison's POV

💬

It was the umpteenth time Becca had asked me to go on Saturday night. Last week we went to the beach at night and that was amazing. We both didn't consider it as a date because we were just enjoying the atmosphere together or simply just ate dinner at the park, nothing serious. But as the time passed by, I felt more comfortable around her. She eventually held my hand when we walked and it wasn't awkward anymore.

We were done watching the newest movie together tonight and now we had dinner at the mall. We both ate in silence, but I was observing her more. She always had a double cheeseburger, fries, a coke and a root beer float. To be quite honest, her eating habit was adorable.

"Where do you want to go after you graduate?" I asked Becca once she was done.

"I applied on three colleges but I'd rather choose Sommerville than the other two and my parents agreed." Becca answered.

And it took me by surprised. "You will move there, won't you?"

Becca nodded, she seemed sad all of sudden. I furrowed my brows, reaching her hand and squeezed it gently. She looked up to see me, forcing a smile and squeezed my hand back before asking me to walk again.

"Where do you want to go next?" Becca asked me.

"No idea." I chuckled, but something came up in my mind. "What about, uh, we go to my house? My mom is working and she will be home around twelve. We can chill, play games or something."

Becca smirked. "I like the idea."

Then we drove in silence. I didn't know why I wasn't capable of speaking right now, it felt weird yet fascinating.

"What are you thinking, Allie?" Becca glanced at me.

"Uh, nothing." I said. "Just thinking about watching a movie marathon."

"Do you have any recommendation of movie series?" Becca asked me.

"I'm not a huge fan of movies but I really love to rewatch Mission Impossible." I replied.

Becca's jaw dropped. "What?!"

"What?" I chuckled.

"I thought you're gonna say The Lord of The Rings or Harry Potter." Becca commented. "I didn't know you like kind of action."

"I love action movies because it made us think about what's the motive behind of the crime and how they do that and how the main role beats them." I explained.

"So, when I asked you to watch romance, you didn't like it?" Becca asked.

"Not really. I like romance too, but I don't really like the plot. We can guess from the beginning how the story ends."

"In action you'll know the nemesis too, though." Becca argued.

"True. But sometimes, in action, friends can be enemies and enemies can be friends." I said.

"It's just the same, Allison." Becca rolled her eyes, I laughed at how she said my name. "In romance we can find ex becomes a friend and a friend becomes an enemy."

"But romance isn't daunting. I love the sensation when the main role runs after the enemy."

"So you say you are forced to watch romance when we watch movie together?" Somehow when Becca was pouting like this, it was cute.

I pinched her cheek. "No, I love it whatever we watch as long as you're the one I spend my time to watch movie with."

Becca blushed. "Shut up."