Chapter 17

Jordan's POV

🍀

It had been a month since the last time I saw Gabby and to be honest, the pain still existed. I missed Thanksgiving because I had to go to Berlin to meet a client, Allie forced me to come but I explained to her that I was busy. Well, I made myself busy. It was hard at first, but then I got used to it and now I enjoyed working.

"You need to stop working for a minute, Jordan."

"I have a meeting in an hour, Ma." I told my mama.

She scoffed. "Don't torture yourself. It's enough, Jordan." Her voice sounded so firm and I knew so well I needed to stop from whatever I was doing at the moment.

"What I have to do, Ma?" I pinched the bridge of my nose.

"Why did you give up?" She asked out of the blue.

"She told me she didn't want me anymore and I respected her choice." I sighed, looking at the window and the town below.

She walked closer, standing right in front of my desk, well, her desk too since she was the former CEO. "You waited for her ass for ten years and gave up easily once she rejected you?"

"She kept pushing me away even before I took a step forward, Ma. It was exhausting. I'm no longer young. If she didn't want it, then it's okay." I closed my eyes, feeling the pain Gabby had given to me.

"Your mommy and I were separated for five years." She said. "But both of us knew that we wanted each other and the universe reunited us again."

"Well, yeah, but in my case, she didn't want me, Ma. It's different." I responded.

My mama crossed her arms over her chest and looking at me deadly in the eyes and it made me nervous. She always had the capability to bow my head down to her.

"You are a Miller." She said firmly. "You're just like me. Stubborn, stupid and your ego is goddamn high. But remember this one, Jordan. You are also a Hadwick, it's in your blood. And a Hadwick I've always known is more stubborn than a Miller. Their will is stronger and no one can stop them. So, if you keep sitting on that fucking chair and doing fucking nothing rather than run after her, then I failed teaching you as a Hadwick-Miller."

I gulped my own saliva. It felt like I was being punished by my mama like when I was a kid because I couldn't do something right. I felt so small right now, carrying my mama's name was hard and she felt that now that her only daughter was stupid. I was stupid. Yeah, why did I give up easily? I wanted to win her back, right? Then why I kept torturing myself?

"Get your fucking ass up and do something for yourself. This company will not go anywhere." My mama said.

I was like a scaredy-cat when she started to cuss right in front of me. It wasn't her character anymore, but she'd say something like that when she thought something was wrong. So, it meant that I was wrong. I shouldn't give up easily.

I loved her. I loved Allie.

And with the last glance at my Mama, I went to her house.

•°•

------------------------------------------------------------------------

•°•

Allison's POV

💬

I was sitting in the living room and my mom was in the kitchen making snack for us to enjoy our afternoon. It was Christmas break and I did nothing but kept studying because Becca was busy with her family. I smiled when I remembered about her, and I was beyond happy when something finally happened between us.