Chapter 18

"I can NOT believe you two talked me into this." I say to Rebecca and Penny. Penny is doing my hair and Rebecca is doing my makeup. I'm terrified.

Not only have they gotten me to agree to go to this Halloween party but we are going with group costumes. We are M & M's. Yes the fucking candy M&M's. It's really the dumbest thing ever. Rebecca is blue to contrast her blonde hair. Penny is yellow. And I'm red.

Of course Rebecca made the outfits and I have to say I'm impressed. They aren't too hideous. Actually they look pretty great. Each one is a t shirt styled dress hitting tight above the knee. She stitched the M's on each one. And the cut of each one fits us in all the right places. They try to talk me into heels but this one I win! I wear my trusty converse. I don't even own heels.

We pull up to this old house that has typical frat house written all over it and I'm already regretting my decision to come here. The place is crawling with "sexy" nurses and guys wearing stupid mask as a lazy way to dress up. Red solo cups are everywhere and you can barely hear the person speak next to you because of the music. We had parties in high school. But they were normally on a back road or around a fire this is a whole different level. And suddenly I realize how uncomfortable I am and feel like I don't fit in.

Where do you belong Ms. Cooper?
Ms. Russo's question rattles in my head

We find Shawn and Ally who are attached at the hip and dressed up as Bonnie and Clyde. They actually look super cute together. I don't care whether she likes me or not I just find it funny that she wrote me off so quickly. Jason is here too he is dressed up as a character for Magic Mike, I assume. I have to admit he isn't bad to look at it. I can't help but wonder if Adam is going to make an appearance, all of his buddies are here. Maybe he has a whole different life at his other school. I tell myself I'm not going to let thoughts of Adam ruin my night.

Right away Jason offers me a drink in a red solo cup and I decline as politely as I can. I really want to drink a little but I know I shouldn't. All it would take is for this place to get busted and I'm screwed.

Rebecca bumps my arm to get me out of my head "Are you having fun?" She asks

"I'm a little over whelmed by the crowd." I tell her honestly

"Let's get you a small drink that will lighten you up." She says in a mocking tone

I shake my head and shrug my shoulders. "Okay. Just one small one."

The look on her face tells me she definitely didn't think I would cave especially that easily but honestly I did want a drink.

She takes my hand and leads me into the kitchen where all the booze is. Kegs, numerous vodka bottles, whiskey, tequila, too many options! "Pick your poison" she demands

"Cranberry and vodka." I tell her and my mouth is already watering and the thought of my old favorite drink.

"A classic! I didn't expect anything less from you." She giggles and makes my drink. She then leads me to the living room where everyone is playing flip-e cup. They have two tables lined up in two groups. It's the most intense game of flip-e cup I've ever seen.

"Kami and I are playing next!" She calls out to the crowd. Jason looks up from the table and smiles a wide grin at me. He really is cute. He is shorter than most guys I find attractive. He has dark brown hair that he never does anything with. His skin color is a beautiful tan. He's muscle definition is definitely on display tonight because of his costume. Before the game is over I already have my cranberry vodka gone. "One more please." I pout to Rebecca. "Holy shit! Please? Do you become nice when you are drunk?"

I roll my eyes. "Don't push it."

She comes back with my drink. It smells stronger than the last and it's our turn to join the game. Jason quickly grabs me gently at my waste pulling me to stand with him.

"You are on my team." He says with a wicked smile.

Our team consist of me, Penny, and Jason with a bunch of random people I don't know. Across from us on the other team is Ally, Shawn, and Rebecca. Ally is directly across from me which means we could be dueling it out. The game starts at the other end of the table.

"Are you ready. You better not let me down I'm on a roll." Jason winks at me

It is so close to us and I'm getting anxious! It's at him and Shawn. Shawn throws his drink back flips his cup and lands it on the first try! Jason has to flip it three times before it's landed right. Ally has already attempted her first flip while I'm taking the drink. I sit it down flip it. Nothing. Flip it again.. Ally still hasn't landed hers. I flip mine one more time. BOOM it lands perfectly. Before I know it Jason wraps his arms around my waist and lifts me off the ground to spin me around knocking shit off the table and everything around us. Our side of table is cheering.

And I can't help but giggle in this embrace because if I wasn't a couple drinks down I'm sure I would be very uneasy by the physical touch.

I notice Ally rolling her eyes at our celebration but I don't give a shit. She sucks. I won.