Chapter 5✳️

Teddy and I are in the kitchen talking while we put a menu together for Alex to choose from. It's nice I forget sometimes just how amazing he is. I'm brought out my thoughts when Teddy ask me to tell him about the day Alex and I met.

-Flashback

I've just moved into my room in the halls of residence and I'm trying to work out on the map students were given where the cafeteria is.  I'm so focus on the map, I don't notice I've walked into someone until I feel arms around me. Then I hear someone ask me if I'm okay. I look up and see these green eyes and it was like I forgot how to breathe. We introduced ourselves and he walks me to the cafeteria and he sit down and eat lunch with me, he insisted on paying. We went out for a drink that night and one think led to another and I woke up in his bed the next day".
-end flashback

"When did you find out about Amy?"

"Alex told me the first night, the first time I knew he slept with her after we had sex I started yelling at him. Telling him I hope he didn't give me anything I could catch from her".

"You were careful, safe with him?"

"I was Teddy and I took us to a clinic and we got tested. He did the same at the start of him and Amy's relationship and he always strap on with her".

"But not with you?"

"After our second round of blood test came back clear we stop using protection. He didn't really see Amy that much to sleep with her anyway. He hasn't slept with her for 6 months".

"From the outside it looks like he's with her for her money but he barely shows affection towards her, Elliot his dad loves her though".

I look Teddy straight in the eyes, "Elliot loves the money that comes with her, so does Mathew. Please don't tell anyone about me and Alex including my mum and your best mate Nick".

"I won't, I'm dead proud of you, I just wanted you to know that".

"I know Teddy".

"We should watch a football match one weekend just you and me".

"I would look that", I tell him

I let Teddy out and shower and get ready for bed, I'm drifting off when I realise. I've not wanted to go for a walk near the bridge in weeks.

Monday

Alex's father and brother are coming for dinner Abbey is working thank god, she hasn't told Alex she knows about us. I haven't told him she found out the truth, it's not my place to take away his choice of when and if he tells her.

I make roast chicken, mash potatoes, and roast vegetables with a shop bought cherry pie for dessert with custard. There is a homemade apple crumble as well that Abbey made as a contribution to the dinner. I have seen Elliot Adam about but never really talked to him.

Alex who's now swapped to working days got home in time to have a shower and change clothes before the bell rings.  I open the front door and greet Matt and Elliot before ushering them in to the living room.

"Cassie is it?" Ask Matt. "I haven't had a chance to introduce myself properly please to meet you officially. How has it been living with Alex here, is he still a neat freak".

"I haven't really noticed, I like a clean house myself so if he is it doesn't bother me".

"You two met at university didn't you?" Ask Elliot.

"Yes, my first year his third".

"Social work right", he says to me.

"Yes, I got a job line up that I start in couple months or so with social services children division".