48

I heard my bedroom window being opened. I rolled over to see someone climbing inside. "Luke?" I asked. He sometimes snuck back in through my room but I didn't know he left. "Luke is that you? What time is it?"

"Go back to sleep leia." He whispered. He took off his jacket and shoes. He folded the jacket and set them both on my desk.

"Nick?" i asked in a yawn, recognizing his voice.

"Go to sleep." He whispered.

I opened my blanket up for him. He crawled in next to me. I wrapped the blanket around him. I laid my head on his chest as he wrapped his arms around me. "Are you okay?"

He kissed the top of my head and rubbed my back gently with his hand. "Better now."

"Do you wanna talk about it?" I yawned.

"Not tonight."

I snuggled closer to his warm body. I loved sleeping with him. I never liked a lot of blankets on me but i liked being warm. He was always the perfect heat source. I leaned up and kissed his cheek. "Night Nick."

"Sleep well corazón."

I closed my eyes. The soft thuds of his heartbeat slowly lulled me to sleep. I woke up on top of Nick. He was staring at me, lazily trailing his finger up and down my spine. "Good morning."

"Morning corazón."

"Why didn't you wake me?"

"You looked peaceful."

"Do you wanna talk about what happened?"

He ran his hand through my hair and kissed the top of my head. I smiled to myself. "Abuela and i got into an argument. It's not a big deal."

I put my chin on his chest to look at him. I smiled. "Happy birthday."

He smiled but it didn't reach his eyes. "Thanks corazon."

I sat up. "What's wrong?" he closed his eyes. I ran my hand through his hair and gently touched his lips. I felt his face relax under my touch. "Baby, talk to me."

He opened his eyes. "My mom wrote me a letter." my eyes widened. He sat up putting his head in his hands. "Abuela said that she wanted me to read it on my eighteenth. She hid a letter from my mom for nine years."

"she just did what your mom wanted her to."

"Leia, all i've had from my mom is her pendant. My dad deleted all the fucking voicemails he had from her. she was always behind the fucking camera so i don't have a single picture of her." i wrapped my arms around him. He wrapped his arms around me tucking his head into my neck. "I could've had a fucking letter from her," he cried.

I climbed into his lap."You have it now, baby." his shoulders shook as he cried into me. I softly pet his hair and rubbed his back. I didn't say anything until he was done crying which was an hour at least. I let him take deep breaths in and out before i talked. "Did you read it?"

He shook his head. I pulled away wiping under his eyes. "I was so mad she hid it from me that i just came right over. It's on the kitchen counter."

I leaned forward pecking his lips. "I'm gonna get dressed. you're gonna go home and get dressed and come back with the letter while i pack us a lunch. We're gonna go have lunch with your mom okay?" he nodded. "And then maybe we can swing by and see Lindsay okay?"

"Okay," he whispered.

I kissed his nose. I stood up and walked into my closet. I didn't mind changing in front of him knowing he was out of it. I changed into a light grey sweater, a light pink leather skirt, and thigh high black boots. I grabbed my key necklace and clipped it on. "Do you wanna go out the window or the front door?"