Page 7: The Curse Has Been Broken:

*Time Jump.*

*After Emma Broke the Evil Queen's Curse.*

Henry was right. 

The curse was broken. Emma saved the town of Storybrooke while also saving Henry.

Dream was pacing around while she was trying to get everything right. "So, wait... Daniel isn't my father, either?" Dream asked, stopping as she looked at her mother. 

"I'm sorry, sweetie," Regina said, going to stand up, but Dream scoffed, making her stop and sit back down.

"You lie to me my whole life. You made me think that my father died. You told me that Henry was crazy and lying! You lied to me!" Dream said, getting angrier as she went. 

"Dreamy--"

"Don't!" Dream said when Regina sighed, seeing her upset and angry facial expression. "You may have made Henry feel not special and that he just had a crazy imagination. But I asked you, and you lied to me." Dream sighed when Regina sighed before standing up. She took out a tissue, holding it up to Dream. "What is this?" Dream asked, still sounding hurt and annoyed. 

"Your nose..." Regina said, turning Dream to look at the mirror on the wall to her side. 

She sighed when she saw blood running down, almost to her bottom lip. Dream took the tissue and moved to sit down, wiping the blood. "Guess you lied to me about this, too--" Dream went to ask when Regina sighed, moving to sit next to her. 

"One last confession... I hope." Regina sighed when Dream lowered the tissue. "Yes, you know that I am the Evil Queen, but right before I was labeled that by Snow White..." Regina started to say when Dream noticed the spite in her tone.

"That still sounds so weird." Dream scoffed, making Regina chuckle a bit.

"Long, long story short. I drank a potion so that I couldn't have children. Just to spite... my mother, Cora, who you will thankfully never have to meet. So, when I created the deal with your real father, who was cursed, and you were born from a--" Regina stopped when they heard banging at the door.

"A rose... I know." Dream said, holding up her necklace. 

"Dream, honey... Let's discuss this later. First, I need to deal with angry fairytale characters. So, stay in here until I get back. Then, I will tell you everything." Regina said as Dream watched her get up and head to the door.

"Open up!" Dr. Whales yelled when he banged on the door, "Open up, or we're coming in!" Dr. Whales continued when Regina glanced at Dream, sitting on the couch. She then turned back to the door and opened it. 

"Can I help you?" She asked, with a fake smile on her face.

"That smirk isn't gonna last forever, Regina. You took everything from us. And now..." Dr. Whales began to threaten when Regina kept the smirk on her face, hiding that she was scared that they would take Dream away since that's what the Charmings and Emma had already done with Henry. 

"What? Now, you're gonna kill me?" Regina asked while the ground watched her evil smirk come onto her face. 

"Eventually. But first, you need to suffer." Dr. Whales said when Regina moved closer, making him back up. 

Regina did not want them going anywhere near her daughter after having nightmares that she would be taken from her and killed. 

"Listening to you has been enough suffering for all of us," Regina said, pushing Whales off of her porch. "That's right. You wanted to see your Queen?" Regina asked her before moving her blazer like it was her cape back in the Enchanted Forest. "Well, my dears. Here she is!" Regina said when Dream snuck to the window, seeing her mother try to cast a spell, the crowd cowered in fear. 

But nothing happened, as if she was powerless.

"She's powerless." One of the townspeople said as they all got up.

"What?" Regina asked, looking at her hands before seeing Dream at the door.

"Let's get her."

"Get her!"

"Don't let her get away!" They started to chant when Dr. Whales grabbed Regina, who was staring at her daughter, before pinning her to one of the columns on the porch. 

"Now, where were we?" Dr. Whales asked when Dream moved from her frozen spot at the door.

"Let her go!" Dream cried out when she pushed Dr. Whales back, but another townsperson grabbed her. 

"Don't touch her!" Regina yelled out when Dr. Whales went to grab her throat.

"Let her go!"

Emma, Henry, David, Mary Margaret, Ruby, Granny, and Archie rushed through the front lawn. "Let her go! Let her go!" Emma yelled when she pushed through the crowd. Emma pushed Whales back when David rushed, pushing the man who held Dream away. 

"Why should I listen to you?" Whales scoffed, looking at Emma.

"Because I am still the sheriff," Emma told him while David looked up to check if Dream was okay. 

"And because she saved you. All of you!" David said that while he kept holding Dream close to him, Mary Margaret held Henry. Mary Margaret and David feared the crowd's anger and wanted to ensure the kids were okay.

"And because no matter what Regina did, it does not justify this." Mary Margaret said to the whole crowd.

"We are not murderers here," Emma said, looking at Whales. 

"Well, we're not from this world." Whales retorted, looking at Emma. 

"Yeah, well, you're in it now." Dream fought, sounding angry and confused, when David kept holding her close. 

Whales turned to look at Dream before David moved, pushing her behind him. 

"Okay, Whale. We're done." David said, going to grab Whales' arm, when Whales backed up, pushing David away from him. 

Regina rushed over, holding onto her daughter, who, unlike Henry, could actually be hurt by the public. 

"Back off!" Whales scoffed at David. "You're not my prince." He continued to say.

"Who are you, Whale?" David asked, not recognizing Whales from the Enchanted Forest.

"That's my business." Whales spat, making David chuckle at his secrets and arrogance. 

"Well, my business is making sure this town doesn't go to flames, so whether or not I'm your prince isn't the issue," David said when Emma and Dream watched him, trying to adjust to the truth. "We have a lot to figure out. And this isn't the way to do it!" David said, still yelling into Whale's face.

"And Regina's death won't provide any answers. And hurting and taking her daughter is just wrong... She needs to be locked up." Mary Margaret said as Dream looked nervous. 

"Locked up?" Dream asked, looking at her.

"For her safety, and more importantly, for ours." Mary Margaret said while Regina looked at Dream, who was looking around the angry crowd.

~season 2, episode 1: "Broken"~

~1109 words~