Chapter 28: Intervention

I woke up with his soft caresses and an occasional sweet kiss on my face. 

"Good morning, my beloved."

He smiled at me.

"Good morning. Are you better?"

"Oh yeah," I whispered as I kissed him.

His cell phone rang. It was abandoned somewhere on the desk. He didn't seem to have any intention of answering, so I smiled and pulled away. I looked for the device and gave it to him. 

He received it with a reluctant smile and answered curtly, "What."

I chuckled and went to the bathroom to prepare for the day.

***

Sirius told me that Max wanted to infiltrate a Security facility. I was a little worried. I didn't let him go without giving him a soft and passionate kiss. I had given him the most prolonged kisses of my life, and I didn't want to kiss someone else either.

In the laboratory, things were the same, but today only I seemed to be completely happy. Although when I saw that a new body had arrived, I got distressed.

We began to examine it. It made me shudder to think of who he might have been if this silly inter-species struggle did not exist. They were another intelligent life form, and they had their good things. I didn't know why the government couldn't see that. I couldn't help but think about what would have happened if Sirius had fallen into the hands of those men if Orion had not sent him to me. If I had not met him... It was not fair to those evolved men.

***

After lunch, I got ready to make an appointment with the governor. Perhaps I could convince him to be the first state to integrate the two cultures or allow us to live in peace with them so that other states would follow our example. Rosy was ready and waiting for me in the entrance hall.

"After doing that, we can have a girls' afternoon. What do you think?" she asked, making me smile.

"Sounds good. Let's go."

It was a long way, almost an hour. Although I didn't feel it, we had to take two trains, even though this city was not huge as other megacities in other states. I texted Sirius: 'I'll try to get an appointment, and then I'll be around town with Rosy. I'll call you later. I love you.' I smiled. If he didn't know how to read it yet, he would ask for help, and I didn't care if the annoying Max or the pesky Tania read it.

We got off at the central station, that place was an underground shopping center. I had to drag Rosy to the exit because she already wanted to go shopping. I convinced her we would do it later, just as we had already agreed.

The mayor's office was in a huge building. I would never understand why they required so much space, but anyway.

We entered through the enormous doors of thick reinforced glass. An elegant young lady was waiting for us in the huge reception. There were some black leather chairs, white walls and floor, and the columns painted silver. The young lady cleared her throat, and we turned to see her.

"How can I help you?" she asked somewhat impatiently.

"I would like to speak to the governor," I replied.

"Do you have an appointment?"

"No, that's why I want to see if I can get one."

The lady arched an eyebrow.