{4}

Lilith Swan

When Bella returns she seems antsier than she has been for the past few months. She flung her coat up in a rush before attempting to head upstairs. "What happened?" I asked. Something had happened on the reservation. "What do you mean?" she sputtered out looking mildly irritated from the top of the stairs. "What I mean is, you went to see a friend, one who had been ill and said to stay away, and now when you return home you are pale and skittish. That's not normal behaviour Bella I want to make sure you are safe" the frown on her face seemed to deepen as she walked back towards the stairs. "And why would you care about me or my safety?" She still didn't get it. She has people that want to care for her like Charlie and I however she is still so desperate to cling to Edward Cullen and then fill what hole he had left that she won't except any help from anyone that can't fill that void. "Because last time you left in a hurry to crashed a motorcycle into a rock, you may have hidden what actually happened from dad but you can't hide it from me" Now her anger shifted to complete bewilderment, although this shouldn't be a surprise she had never been a particularly good liar.

She started her descent down the stairs and headed towards me "You know nothing!" her pale face becoming quite flushed. She stood now tensed and almost shaking. "Because you refuse to confide in anyone, we cannot know if you do not tell" I was trying to be gentle, after all, I don't know what Edward did but I can figure that out later. She seemed to calm down a little after that and awkwardly shifted her gaze to the floor. "I imagine you can't talk to dad about boys and Renè is always travelling, so why don't you tell me?" I invited her over to the sofa where I was previously doing work for university, maybe getting whatever repressed feelings she had off her chest would help her cope a little bit better.

"You always seem to know what's going on, like always"

"I just like to say that I have a good intuition, now talk to me" She was sat opposite me now curled up in her seat, but at least she would make eye contact which was a better start than nothing. She then proceeded to tell me everything.

"Lilith, what do you think of the supernatural?" Bella asked hesitantly. She began chewing her lip and glanced down at her hands anxiously.

This will either be about Jacob or the Cullens.  Either way whatever has happened will have consequences upon me knowing.

"I am not opposed to the idea why?" I didn't want to be too certain but if whatever gift I have, intuition or not can exist then I don't see why other things cannot.

I know Jacob didn't have mono, there was something about going through a change.

Bella started to fiddle with her fingers before running a hand through her hair. "There was something different about the Cullens" her hands started to fiddle again. "They are vampires"

She's telling the truth

"Okay, is that the real reason why you broke your leg before prom?"

Yes

Her head snapped up at the question before she sheepishly nodded at the question. I knew that there must have been something up with Edward to cause this reaction in Bella but I didn't quite think it was going to be because he was a vampire. It was hard to believe but my intuition isn't wrong and Bella cannot lie so I would be able to tell if she was. "So let me try to understand" Maybe I was the one who didn't quite get it. "You see Edward whenever you do dangerous things so now you do these things to keep seeing him?" She nodded again. "What about Charlie? what if you do something that kills you?" Her brows furrowed at the question as if she had never thought about it before, and knowing Bella she probably hadn't.

"I would never do something that dangerous and anyway you seem to be taking this too well" She dodged. Though she did have a point.

"My intuition says you are telling the truth so I will take it that you are, there is no point overreacting to what has already been. What is to come in the future is a question for another day Bella" She looked surprised at this and looked down in contemplation. "Just promise me that you will try to look after yourself for Charlie's sake, no more danger okay?"

"I promise"

It took Bella less than a week to fuck everything up.