BTL 12

Michael POV

The car ride was quiet. I glanced at my hummingbird as she looked dead ahead. God she is so stunning I need a woman like her but how can I make her see without making myself look like a pushover please God answer me… I want this one no… I need and want her. She’s not like the other ones. 

“Excuse me, we just drove past your house, where are you taking me?” She asked without looking at me which was starting to get under my skin. I just exhaled disregarding her question, making a sharp right causing her jerk in her seat as the car screeched.

“What did I tell you about questioning me?" She didn't say another word to me, after that and to tell you the truth I don’t blame her in the least bit. I know I’m an asshole but it’s for a good reason, I know she thinks I hate her but that's not the case…  

~

We had come to a stop, to a big field with lots of green grass and a huge tree that was perfect for two. I tapped her on her shoulder telling her we were here, I got out of my car heading to the field but stopped when I noticed she was still in the car. Does she want me to open the car door for her? I thought with a cocked brow I curiously walked over and opened the door for her but she didn't move. “Get out”

“I hate you, if you're going to kill me just do it no need for the theatrics'  She looked at the field like it was her last time she was ever gonna breathe. I just rolled my eyes and pulled her out of the car walking her to the field with, she didn’t fight thankfully.

“I’m not gonna kill you, If I wanted to do that I would have done it... I’m not going over this with you again. Hell, even if you wanted me to. I wouldn't because I’m simply better than that. You wanted to get to know me well, it's just you and me now." I said, holding her from behind resting my chin on her sweet neck. As she breathes a sigh of relief, which bothered me and caused me to wrap my arms around her. I couldn't help but get all touchy-feely with her, she makes me feel like I can be myself. She puts my mind at peace even more now that she’s here with me physically, now I need to work on her mentally and emotionally. 

“In order for me to get to know you I have to ask questions.” She said smartly, looking down at the grass as I bit the inside of my jaw in an attempt to keep my short fuse intact. 

“Why is my sister not coming for me? Did you threaten her?” She asked in a soft sad tone, I turned her around to look into her eyes and sighed before answering.

“Your sister… she just wants to be free to do as she pleases.”

“You're not making any sense.”

“She said you were keeping her from reaching her full potential-” 

“Oh, bullshit.” She angrily said, making me let go of her and waving me off.

Zaya POV

I could care less about what else he had to say. What is it that she wants to do so bad that she would not help me? This is passed fucked up. “I want to go back to your house, I need to lay down.”

“Do you have a boyfriend?” Is he serious? I looked at him upside his head as he disregarded my question and awaited for my answer.

“No” I said, which brings a smile to his face. The fuck-

“Good, I would hate to have to get rid of him.” 

“Do you have a girlfriend?” I asked not really caring if he did or didn't tone.

“I have playmates and had a wife, but I would like to have you as my one and only. I will leave them alone truly I would, but if only you will be mine.” Well, that was mighty bold of him. I thought, not knowing what to say as he pulls me closer to him and lifts my head. “I will take care of you, which I am honored to do… that’s if you let me.” He said softly stroking my cheek, I benevolently took his hand away from my cheek turning away from him but before I could turn fully he caught me by the chin turning me to look into his eyes. I said nothing… I can’t- I didn’t know what to say. I didn't want to look at him any differently, but I knew it would change sooner or later, it was inexorable. There was nothing but gentleness in his eyes, but like away just as it was there it was now gone. “Come with me now.” His sweet like agave tone was now like the taste of chaparral tea, harsh and bitter,while pulling me to this big tree.