Author's Note, The End, and Where the Story Would've Gone

Warning Ahead: This is a rather long author's note. It discusses the current state of the story, where things will be going from here, a few heavy subjects in regard to the origins of why I wrote this story, and how I would've taken the story's future plot development.

Table of Contents
(Ctrl-F on desktop if you want to skip to certain sections, but I recommend reading it all through at least once.)

Author's Note Introduction

Why I Wrote This Story

Why I've Decided To Stop Writing This Story

How This Story Would've Gone (And Snippets Of Future Chapters)

What I Plan On Doing, Going Forward

. . . . .

Author's Note Introduction
Hello, CampbelSoupDestroyer here. It's been quite a while since I posted the last chapter, I know. I had plans in the works for more chapters but life just got in the way. And, now that I've finally managed to find time to write further, I realized I lost the spark for this story.

Last year, I could've just sat down and written this story for thousands of words without faltering. Sure, I would've needed to stop here and there for proofreading and breaks, but it was a degree of motivation back then that I simply do not have now.

Worse part? I still want to write more. But it's been so long since I've thought over this story, that just getting back into that rhythm is difficult. So, one day, I finally decided to cut to the chase, finish whatever I had laid out, and ultimately, wrapped the story up at around the end of Season 1 of Tensura. That was... actually what I had planned from the beginning too; I would've done an epilogue at the end of Season 1, and then after a decent break and writing up a good backlog of multiple chapters beforehand, I would've made a Prologue to Season 2 of No Step On Slime.

Unfortunately, it seems that I will not get to that. Which is something I wish to apologize for.

..

But there is one thing I certainly do wish to say. A lot of things actually; what, do you think I'll really leave you guys hanging right there? Right as we're getting into the juicy part of Season 2 of Tensura within this story?

Of course not; if there is one thing that I have realized when it comes to dropped or discontinued fics, it's that I've always felt immensely bummed out when the author does not elaborate on how they would've envisioned the story to continue. Which is what I am going to do.

While I can no longer see myself writing this story, I can certainly narrate to all of you my future ideas as to what I had in plan for this story. And I believe that is far, far better than disappearing, or simply publishing an author's note that simply says "Yeah I don't wanna write this story anymore", as that will accomplish two things that I think will be helpful:

1. It brings closure to how I would've wanted the more interesting Season 2 elements of Tensura to have gone in this fanfiction.

2. It also mentions elements that I wish I could've also included.

3. It gives a glimpse into my brainstorming procedure, which any of you are free to take inspiration from to become better writers.

Before I go into how the story's future plot would've gone, I first need to talk about the origins of this story. So, buckle down and brace yourselves, as the subjects below may get heavy.