Trois ɬ 3 (BWWM)

IMPERTINENCE

After such a long voyage at sea and then time spent traveling by carriage, a bath and bed were all the princess required. She was thoroughly exhausted beyond anything she could remember before the trip.

Adonia sank down in a rather large metal washtub lined with a soft thin material. It was full of water nearly too hot for her to enter at first but she was eager to relieve herself of the aches and pains trapped in her flesh from such uncomfortable travel.

As was tradition, the party arrived with items sent from their homeland to ensure the princess's needs were met. Her maid infused oils, flowers, and medicinal herbs into the water which had been prepared for the princess. As soon as she sank down into the concoction, a twinge of heat kissed her skin just before it seduced her weary flesh deeper into its balmy depths. Her mind disappeared in those same bubbles right along with the scent of the water in which she ecstatically soaked away every care of the world.

Nothing existed beyond the perfumed scents she'd inhaled until they returned her to a joyful bliss.

Her mind drifted far away on a playful breeze as her eyes grew heavy. Visions of days long gone tugged at her mind as she recalled the life she had once lived with no binds to tie her. Allowing her soul to rest, Princess Adonia reclined her head back against the tub as she wavered in and out of a peaceful nap.

A travel-weary mind that was typically quite sharp left the princess unaware of an unfamiliar presence in her borrowed room.

"My aren't we a pretty little thing." The altogether displeasingly guttural sound jerked her from the peaceful slumber she courted.

"Malumi... Ololina... Adadi... is anyone there?" She cried out to her maids.

"Don't worry my dear. No one is here but us. Did they not tell you why you are here?" The sinister voice slinked closer.

"I can assure you, I know not of what you speak, but I highly suggest you leave now before I am forced to protect myself." She threatened as she covered herself with the bath cloth.

"O... ho ho ho. Such a pretty flower, yet so full of piss and vinegar. Well, that's not very nice." The portly beast cackled as he advanced toward her.

In a flash, the princess lept out of the bath like a cat mistakenly dunked in ice-cold water. Still wrapped in the
wet material that once lined the tub, the princess grabbed the robe left draped on a nearby chair. She quickly affixed the garment in place to protect herself from the prying eyes that had lasciviously sought to view her naked form.

Searching frantically, Princess Adonia hoped beyond hope to find an escape route that would lead her far away from the ruffian standing between her and the door. As luck would have it, a small sliver of an opening along the wall appeared where nothing more than a flush surface should have existed.

With no idea where it led, she decided it would be better to take her chance in the unknown than to stay in the room with a white-faced demon who was undoubtedly up to no good.

The princess ran as fast as her legs would carry her with the out-of-shape intruder in hot pursuit. Attempting to catch her, the portly beast failed to match her stride. Lacking the stamina the young princess had gained from many years of running throughout her kingdom in search of one bit of fun or another, Princess Adonia put the disgusting pig to shame.

Still running full speed, she peaked back just once to see if the devil was still in hot pursuit. To her credit, she had placed a great distance between herself and the villain when she ran into what could only be described as a brick wall.

Staggering back, her face followed the line upward only to find that the unmovable force was crowned with long wavy raven black hair, skin the color of ivory, and eyes much like that of a turbulent gray sky. After taking in the barrier, the princess unconsciously reached out to steady herself against the man she had run into.

"Princess Adonia, what brings you to this place?" The familiar voice caught her attention.

Grateful he wasn't yet another stranger, the princess found herself backing into the nearest surface away from the man as she fought to catch her breath.

"Why are you here?" He asked again a bit more forcefully.

It was at that moment that she realized she was no longer holding her robe. The white man's eyes joined hers as they both ran down the length of her body. There she was standing before a grown man revealing her naked flesh to him. In her land, it was forbidden for any man other than her husband to cast his eyes on her in such an intimate manner. With that realization, her hands rushed to close the garment as her dark brown orbs locked with his steel grays.

The man's abrupt silence coupled with the flush of rose pink on his cheeks confirmed that his mind had captured what could never be unseen.

"Umm... again I ask. Why are you here?" There was a stiffness in his tone that was somehow entirely unfamiliar compared to the way in which he had previously addressed her.

"A man entered my room while I was in the bath. He chased me until I saw the opening along the wall." The words rambled from her lips. Just as he opened his mouth to respond, his valet rounded the corner.

"Macron, what are you doing here?" His question stopped the creature in his tracks.

"Sire, I was only checking on the young lady. She appeared to be lost. I wanted to offer my assistance." His red face betrayed the lies he insisted on telling.

"I was taking my bath. I know nothing about where I am or who you are. How is it possible that I came to fetch you when I know nothing about the layout of this place, and I most certainly know not how to summon anyone to my room." The princess hurled the accusations at the rogue as if they were knives aimed at his head.

"Why did you enter Princess Adonia's room? Man, have you lost your wits?"

Enraged by what he had learned, the Duke sprang to action.

Étienne placed himself between the princess and the rascal who had apparently tried to take liberties with his young guest.

"Sire, I had no intentions of harming her. I simply saw how beautiful she was when we arrived and desired to get a better look. I had no idea she had retired nor was I aware of her status as a princess. I thought she was one of the Moors who come and are often employed as bedwarmers." The peasant offered another terribly weak excuse for entering the room of a woman from a noble family.

"You, disgusting pig. What makes you think you would be welcomed by any woman I bring into my home." His words rumbled like thunder as the brooding Duke proceeded to pounce on the sniveling weasel of a man.

First, his fist crashed into the eye of the beast. Then, he slapped the scoundrel down to his knees making him fall hard on the floor. Once the man was on his knees, the master of the house kicked him right in the chin with such force that it knocked the miscreant off his feet just before he passed out with his face crashing onto the floor.

Once the beating had been concluded, the Duke turned to the princess to console her as the young woman drew him into a crushing embrace. In the heat of the moment, she thought nothing of holding onto him as she worked to convey her gratitude to the man who had defended her honor.

"Are you alright?"

Though a gentle tone had been whispered against her forehead in an effort to soothe the frightened young woman, the princess worked to hide every trace of excitement that had been bubbling up inside of her as she backed away from the stranger.

With her eyes still locked on his, Adonia remained by his side in awe of the brutality he had employed to punish the servant for disrespecting someone of her stature.

ɬ ɬ ɬ

"The best way for Wattpad to know how you feel about stories like mine is when you Comment & Vote. Your interactions are totally up to you, but hearing from you really helps and encourages me to write the stories you enjoy reading.

Thanks so much for your support."