Chapter 25: Dalia

"Sister?!" Four voices echoed with varying degrees of anger and curiosity in their tone. I drew back from Dalia's arms and saw them all glaring at her who raised an eyebrow at them.

"Yes, sister. Guys meet Dalia, our stepsister who we love just like our own. Dalia meet my brothers I share genetic material with." I introduced them and she raised an eyebrow at my introduction but didn't comment on it. She just held out her hand to Samuel who appraised him for a second before taking his hand and shaking it. 

"Now, Lex. I need you to tell me exactly what happened." Dalia told me firmly and I nodded and started recounting the tale. When I finished, she simply pulled me into a tight hug and I let a few tears make their way down my face. When she drew back, she wiped them away before getting on her phone and calling in reinforcements.

Let me explain a little.

Dalia is the leader of the gang called Tribu del diablo that ties with the Serpents as the most dangerous gang in the country. They have an ongoing rivalry and she was the reason we became tangled up with the serpents. Since we were so close, they tried to threaten us to get Dalia to break. Dalia on the other hand, taught us how to protect ourselves. She taught us to use guns, knifes and daggers. She taught us to hack into almost all servers. She taught us to take care of ourselves. But being 7 years older than me, she had escaped the house a lot before us though she made sure we were always well taken care of. She was the reason we got introduced to the underground world but she also made sure to protect us against the Serpents.

Now things would have been peachy if I had not gone and fallen into a Serpent's trap.

Miles, the next in line for the Serpents' crown, befriended me in Freshman year and gave me a false sense of security. He fed me lies and coerced me into going on dates with him and I ended up losing my first kiss to him. I regret that time a lot. He tried to get me to give up Dalia's secrets but Dalia found out and long story short, the Serpents have wanted to kill us since.

"You have the location?" Dalia asked me and I replied affirmative. I had already gotten the data and I couldn't sit still. I began pacing up and down the room as the dread and hopelessness began setting in. What if we were too late? What if they were hurt? My heart clenched painfully in my chest and there was a crushing weight on my chest. My breaths turned shallow as I tried to draw enough air but I couldn't. I felt the tears snake their way down my face and I was distantly aware of Dalia coming  and crouching before me. Spots danced in my vision and emerald green eyes cut through the mist around me. I came back down to Earth as Liam cupped my face. I registered the hardwood floor beneath my exposed knees in a vague part of my mind as I tuned into his voice.

"Breathe, love. Just breathe." He instructed and I started matching my breaths to his counts, slowly calming down. My breathing returned to normal in about 20 minutes and I saw everyone hovering around us, but my eyes remained locked on the green ones in front of me. He didn't speak but pulled me into his lap in a hug. His arms were familiar and felt like home. His usual scent of mint and cologne washed over me and my muscles loosened in response. I melted into him, my hands gripping the back of his shirt as he tightened his embrace slightly and I tucked my head under his chin. He drew circles on my upper arm as he rocked us back and forth gently and I willed myself not to cry. But after a long time I felt like I was safe.

I felt like I was home.

____________________________________________________________

Stop right there!

Stop scrolling!

I told you to stop scrolling!

Okay, I know that this is a huge favour to ask of you guys but could you check out the story 'Another Shot At Life' that I have published. Please! If you guys want me to continue writing it, then I will be co-authoring it with my best friend. Please check it out!

________________________You may continue reading_____________

I reluctantly drew back and he once again cradled my face in his hands as he tried to gauge my expression. I smiled reassuringly at him and he gave me a small smile back though I knew he wasn't convinced. Our moment was interrupted by the clearing of a throat.

"As much as I like you, Liam and as much as I think you two are perfect together, bear in mind that that is my little sister and I am also carrying a Glock 40. I must remind you that if you hurt her, I will kill you." Dalia shot off without even looking up from the screen of her computer and I grinned and blushed. I had missed my sister.

"I don't think that I could live with myself if I hurt her, D. I love her too much." Liam told her and she looked up to give him a ghost of a smile before returning to the laptop.

Liam stood up and offered a hand to me. I grasped his hand and he pulled me up. I gave him a last smile before turning to my brothers.

"I trust that you know how to shoot a gun by now. If not, then practice. You can't go in blind. But you need to be proficient enough to not kill us either." I informed them and they nodded.

"Shouldn't Sebastian get the crash course too?" Damian asked innocently and Sebastian and I smirked. I cut Sebastian off as he started to speak.

"He's a sharpshooter, Day. Trust me, he'll be fine." They all turned to me in surprise and shock.

"How did you-" Sebastian asked and I laughed.

"I told you. I know a lot about you. The illegal fights. The weapons training. The hacking courses. The street racing. Everything." I notified him and out of the corner of my eye, I saw the others' jaw drop.

"But how do you-" Andre asked me and I smiled.

"Know all that? I saw it. In fact, I am a part of that world. My underground name is Nightmare. I am the undefeated champion in these parts." I smirked and their mouths opened and closed like fish as they digested that information.

"Okay, you can have these revelations later. Backup is on standby. The main force is here. Let's make the plan, shall we?"

For everyone who has borne with my terrible writing:

Thank you for sticking with me. I love you guys so much!

Comment, Vote And the Share the story.

P.S. Please don't scroll past that note in the middle.