Chapter 20: Rosie

I walked out of the room and took a deep breath before slowly going down the stairs. All noise from downstairs ceased as I descended but I didn't dare raise my eyes because there is no doubt in my mind that I'll fall if I do that. I looked up once I reached the bottom and saw every jaw on the floor.

I smirked as they scrambled to pull themselves together. Dad was the first to snap out of it. He came forward and hugged me carefully as to not crease the dress and told me that I looked gorgeous. I smiled and blushed before my brothers started throwing around compliments, stumbling over their words as I laughed at them. Then I caught sight of Liam who was still staring at me and my eyes widened slightly.

He looked hot.

I saw his eyes trail down my body before coming to meet mine. I smirked as I walked over to him and he raised an eyebrow as I leaned towards him, dipping his head slightly to listen better.

"I don't think my brothers are going to approve of you mentally undressing me." I whispered and a laugh found it's way out of his mouth.

"I don't think they would approve of you doing the same to me either." He whispered back and a smirk tugged at his lips as, even after my greatest efforts, the red blush coated my cheeks. I leaned up and kissed him and he responded immediately, pulling me closer by my waist. I could feel the rest of the people in the room glaring at us and reluctantly pulled away before either of us would get reprimanded and turned towards the others who were watching the scene with varying amounts of amusement and anger. I pulled on my mask and smiled at everyone.

"Shall we?" I asked and Dad nodded and Liam offered my his elbow and I smiled and accepted as we walked outside and got into the Limousine. The oldest three were going to join a little later and waved us away as they disappeared back into the house. I spent the whole 50 minutes of the ride talking to Andre. Well arguing, really.

"Severus Snape was an arrogant, bullying toe rag who took out all his childish frustrations over a poor boy who did not even know him!"

"He saved that same poor boy loads of times from certain death and in the end gave his life for a good cause!"

"I stand by my statement. Severus Snape did not do it for the boy himself and hence, will never be a good character. Neither will Albus Dumbledore."

"Severus was-"

"Will you two cut it out!" A voice cut through our childish argument and we both looked up to see everyone looking at us with various degrees of exasperation and Aiden seemed to be the one who had brutally cut short our amazing argument.

We looked away from him like petulant children and the others laughed at our antics causing a small smile to fall onto my lips. Everything was going well.

The car slowed to a stop and when I peaked out of the window, it was decked out exactly like some red carpet event that you can see on the tv. I was new to this whole 'rich' and 'red carpet' thing because Aiden and I had never attended such events for the sake of anonymity. We got out of the limo and were immediately bombarded with questions from reporters as they questioned us about everything from 'Who are you wearing tonight?' which is a weird question in itself to questions about dad's work. We just walked past them as Dad instructed us to and soon entered the antechamber off the main ballroom as Dad gave us a final debriefing about manners and expectations and behaviour.

He pushed open the door and we walked in exactly like Dad had asked us to: straight spine like royalty. People watched as we strutted in and I could see many girls eyeing my brothers with lust filled gazes and throwing me hate filled gazes. I spotted a very familiar someone and my eyes lit up as I started dragging Liam over her. She looked up as she heard me approach and a puzzled look came over her face before it lit up with recognition and she abandoned the half-hearted conversation she had been having with some idiot who had tried to strike up a conversation with her.

"Lexi! Oh my god, I haven't seen you for months!"

"Rosie! It has been too long!" I replied as I let go of Liam and hugged her hard.

Rose Evans. One of my investors' daughters who I hit it off with immediately. She was a few years older than me but the age gap didn't really matter for us. She was there when I spiraled after Liam's supposed death and was the one who helped me through it. We grew much closer and ended up being as close as or even closer than siblings.

"Rosie? As in Rose Evans?" Liam asked and Rose turned towards him in shock. Granted, she didn't know that Liam was alive.

"Y-You - Wh-ho? W-what?" She stuttered and I grabbed her arm and pulled her to the side, away from prying ears.

"Long story short. He was in a coma but woke up and is alive now. I forgot to tell you with all the drama going on." I told her sheepishly and she narrowed her eyes at me before sighing and shaking her head.

"You seem to be in dire need of a girls' night." She told me and I smiled at her.

"Yes, please." I begged her and she laughed. We caught each other up on our lives as we walked over to the table where there were a few flutes full of sparkling cider. Liam had disappeared to give us some privacy and I caught many people shooting us curious glances as we talked.

"What's with the stares, Rosie?" I asked her and she let out a derisive laugh.

"I have never shown any interest in anyone in public ever before and I can just see the headlines tomorrow. 'The Evans Beauty and the Garcia's Hidden Sister: Friends or More?'" She explained derisively and I laughed with her. We were in the middle of a very spirited conversation about the best Percy Jackson character when we were interrupted by a very familiar voice.

"Go out with me, Evans?"

Istg if you got that last reference, you are already a favourite of mine.

Early update my lovely readers. I did promise someone.

Comment, Vote and Share the story if you liked it?