Chapter 26: 3..2..1..

"Are we clear on the positions?" Dalia queried as I checked the magazine of the Sig Sauer p226.

"Yep." I replied, tucking the gun into the back of my jeans and picking up my Glock 34. I ran my hands over the familiar cool metal and I remembered every lesson I had with Dalia. I remembered whining to get up in the morning and falling asleep all over the place because of exhaustion. I remembered being sore all over after spending the whole day on the sparring mat, wrestling with Dalia who had no qualms about making us ache all over. Best days of my life.

"Then we are ready." She snapped the laptop closed and stood up herself, grabbing her gun from the ones on the table. The boys stood around nervously. Levi was sulking because we had refused to let him come with us but I couldn't bear the crushing guilt if something happened to him. I had tried with Liam too, but he hadn't even entertained the possibility.

Honestly, I didn't even want my brothers to go. I might have been heartbroken when they broke my trust, but I still loved them. They were my family.

I had a bad feeling about this but we had to get them back. I just hope that none of us gets hurt.

We followed Dalia and got into the car in complete silence. The air was anticipatory and grim. There were 3 range rovers waiting for us. When we were 10 metres away from them, Liam caught my hand and pulled me into his arms, his hands cupping my face as he kissed me fiercely. I responded immediately, understanding his urgency. I felt the tears come up as we parted and he smiled as he wiped them away with the pad of his thumb.

"Chin up, my love. Don't let them see you down." He reminded me and I smiled as I leaned up to kiss him lightly. We separated and Dalia gave me a sad sort of smile. I gave her a bear hug that she returned, her arms winding around me tightly.

When I drew back, I saw a sad and resigned looks on the eldest boys' faces. I exchanged an amused and sad smile with Liam before hugging him and squeezing lightly. I hugged all of my brothers who looked delighted and sad as they hugged me back fiercely.

"If something happens to me-" They shook their head vehemently as everyone started talking over each other but I cut him off immediately.

"No, listen. If anything happens to me and I can't tell them myself, tell them that I love them. And that I'm sorry." I told them but they cut me off by pulling me into a tight group hug.

"You are going to tell that to them yourself. No way in hell are we going to let anything happen to you." Sam muttered, his voice slightly muffled as he wound his arms tighter around me.

"We promise." Damian mumbled and I felt the tears rise. I pushed them down as we separated and smiled at them.

"Okay, let's go before everyone bursts into tears." Dalia's voice cut through the teary affair and we laughed as we split into the three cars, anxiousness gnawing at my insides as I repeatedly went through the plan mentally for some time. Levi guided Dalia through a headset and the car was silent as we drove to the location, fear being the major emotion in everyone's mind along with furious determination.

We disembarked about a mile from the point of breach to avoid detection and split up to take up our various posts. Liam and I were going to sneak in under the guise of the distraction Dalia and the others would be providing at the front and back entrances, leaving the people inside to run and hide or to face them. Either way would mean that the prisoners would be left unguarded or minimally guarded.

The others cautiously walked away to their destinations while Liam and I crept up to the breach point which was a window on the first floor which opened from the outside. We paused underneath the window before I scaled the pipe on one side while Liam covered my back and made sure nobody spotted us.

Suddenly, a man came around the corner of the building and we froze like deer caught in headlights. But before he could scream or yell for help, a well aimed dart punctured the side of his neck and he was on the ground in seconds. I nodded appreciatively at Liam before resuming work on the window and finally managing to pry it open. We dropped into the office just as shouting was heard from the other sides. The lights in the building started pulsing blue and we scrambled to get out of the office and made our way to the surveillance room. We tried blending in with the crowd but they seemed to be moving in the opposite direction of the way we wanted to go. According to our informer, the surveillance room even had maps to help us navigate this place and get the boys out in record time.

We ducked the rest of the crowd as we maneuvered our way to the heart of the building. We finally screeched to a halt outside the room that had been described as the surveillance room in the makeshift map that the informant had drawn to help us breach. I held up three fingers and Liam nodded, readying his dart gun as I hoisted mine up. I looked up and down the hallway before starting the countdown.

3

2

1

Cliffy......

Y'all hate me right now, don't you?

Comment, Vote and Share, buttercups.