Julius' Observations

Julius’ P.O.V

Another day, another load of boring paperwork. I either read through them and give them my sign of approval or I put them aside to rearrange it. Ack, this is boring! I look around, it seems like Marx left… now is my chance!

I quickly packed together my stuff and jumped out of the window, my grimoire opened automatically and I'm floating. Let's see who should we observe today… Oh! maybe Fuegoleon is doing something interesting. I used my magic to disguise myself as I flew around their base trying to find the leader of the Crimson Lions. It didn't take long as I soon enough found a blob of red screaming "YES CAPTAIN!". I wonder what they're doing?

I fly down a little closer and hide in a nearby tree. Luckily, I could see what they were doing  through the leaves.

"TODAY WE WILL PRACTICE OUR PASSION!"

What? How would you even train passion?

"YES CAPTAIN!"

"IF YOUR PASSION IS FLAMING YOU WILL BE ABLE TO GO FAR AND BEYOND YOUR CURRENT LEVEL"

"YES CAPTAIN!"

"NOW WE SHALL START, WE WILL START THE TRAINING WITH SPARRING. GET IN PAIRS AND STAND TOGETHER!"

"YES CAPTAIN"

"YOU WILL FIGHT ONLY USING THE FORCE OF YOUR MANA. THIS WILL MAKE YOU REALIZE WHAT YOU LACK COMPARED TO ANOTHER AND YOU WILL GET FIRED UP TO TRAIN HARDER!"

"YES CAP-"

I can't listen to this anymore; my ears are starting to bleed. I guess his fire doesn't only come from his magic. Hmm, let's see who should we spy- observe next. Asta… shivers maybe later, what is Charlotte doing?

I jumped off of the branch and went on my way again. The Blue Rose's hideout, forbidden for men, but Asta is an exception. I cautiously enter and go to their training grounds, I land on the roof top and crouch down trying to get a clear view of things. The training was basic, with the squad members just practicing their spells to make it stronger, but Charlotte was losing focus a lot whenever one of her squad members talked to her. I tried leaning a bit closer to hear what they were saying, but I fell off of the rooftop.

I landed steadily on my feet, but the second I took in my surroundings, I was surrounded.

"Hello ladies…"

"Who are you and how did you get inside?!"

"Sister, may I kick him out?"

"No, we first need to interrogate him, Sol. Also, call me Captain!"

“Yes, Sister!”

I sweat dropped at their conversation as I slowly tiptoed away as they were talking. When I was far enough I booked it and the next thing I heard was a screaming Charlotte.

Hah, let's do one more… I am interested about what type of training Nozel does. And with that in mind I quickly flew to the Silver Eagles' hideout. I didn't try landing and stayed airborne, but when I arrived I didn't expect well …this! The members were to keep their magic steadily flowing out for so long. Some even are drained of mana from holding out their magic for so long. To say he was strict would be an understatement, but after they finished the exercise and did a good job he put a stamp on a piece of paper. For what you might ask? Well it's a card where every tenth stamp they get to ask him for something. And this was one of those tenth stamps.

"Captain, we request that you answer a question please."

"Go ahead."

"Do you really hate your youngest sibling, Lady Noelle?"

Nozel froze at that question. He scratched his cheek and it took him a while to get the right words.

"I do not hate her, instead I adore her, but do not tell anybody of this situation! And you in the air, I would recommend you to come down."

"Crap, gotta run!"

"Hey!"

I am exhausted and those were only three captains! I can't do any more, I hurriedly got back to my window, but it wouldn't open. Oh no… Marx! I got out of my disguise and walked to the front gates. Putting on a sarcastic smile and standing straight, well I'm ready to get my ear talked off by him. I enter into the castle, greeting people along the way until I reach my office. I opened it and saw Marx sitting in my chair with all the paperwork done. He had his eyes closed and a smile on his face. Well Shit.

"A-ah Marx! Thank you for doing it all."
Oh God I’m going to die aren’t I?

"Sit down… Jules." That name, that smile. He's pissed!

"Yes sir." I quickly sat down trying to avoid an argument

"So, where were you? Hmm?" I think I can see a vein popping

"Outside."

"And what did you do?"

"Observing the captains train with their squads."

"What? I couldn't hear you!" he slammed his hands down on the table.

"I was observing the captains train with their squads."

He walked in front of me with a cynical smile.

"So you're saying you left me to go through your paperwork, having to read and sign it all, while also planning for the upcoming welcoming banquet for the Staria's?!”

I swear I just saw the devil appear, or maybe it’s just hellfire.

Sigh Of Disappointment

“Julius, if you don't stop being so irresponsible, it will bite you in the back one day."

"Yup!"

"Don't answer so happily. Jeez, I'm having a migraine. I will leave you to go and double check my work. And don’t even bother escaping!”

"YES CAPTAIN" wait, did I just-?!

"I-I will not even try asking why you said that or where you heard it from just do your work."

Well we're back; this is a tiny filler before we officially start up again after so long. Bye and a happy new years!