Chapter Eleven

In the library, Hermione is sat talking with Viktor but Rhiannon doesn't mind being left on her own. It gives her a chance to search through the shelves for anything that might help her with that stupid egg. Harry takes a seat at the table that is filled with books she's already looked at. He picks one up, reads the cover before he sets it down. Rhiannon turns back to her table. She jumps a little noticing him there, she gives him a look and he smiles back at her.

"What are you doing here?" She asks him, he shrugs and glances at Hermione and Viktor.

"Thought you two were studying?" He asks when he looks back at Rhiannon.

"She got distracted" She teases and looks at the bookshelf, her hand coming up to take a book, she then moves closer to the table. He watches her a moment and then leans forward a little.

"Have you used the mirror yet?" Harry asks, she gives him a look.

"How did you know about that?" She counters, he shrugs.

"I was kind of listening...." He admits, she huffs and sets her book down. "You really won't talk to him?" He asks her, she shrugs. "Whoever he is, whatever he has done....he's still your dad, Rhiannon" She looks at him.

"I don't know" She stops him. "I just...fourteen years...I have been alone" She points out. "Stuck living with muggles and...it's not like that was easy. I was always....strange" She admits as she hands him a book, which he takes and sets it on the table with the others. "And children can be cruel" He nods in agreement. "And now I know that wasn't his fault, it was my mother who dumped me...." She shakes her head. "What about you?" She asks as she looks over the bookshelf in front of her. "I assume as Hogwarts golden boy that your early years must have been better...."

"I lived in a cupboard under the stairs" He admits, she turns to look at him.

"What?" She asks him, he shrugs a little. "Okay, fair enough, muggle orphanage is definitely a step up from cupboard" He smiles and nods in agreement.

"And you changed the subject" He scolds a little, she pulls a face. "You don't really like talking about them, do you?" He asks. "Your parents."

"I don't know them" She reminds him. "Don't have anything to say about them...."

"You've had nothing? No contact?"

"My wand" She admits. "It was left for me after I got my Durmstrang letter, with a little note...love, mom" She rolls her eyes slightly.

"And your dad?" He asks her, she motions to her eyes.

"My eye" She answers. "Apparently, that's something he has....and about as much as I can claim he's had an impact on me" She sorts through the books she had taken from the shelves. "Before Durmstrang, I had no idea..." She admits and looks at him. "Muggles don't know about him, it wasn't until...my first year, the whispers, the way the professors would watch me.....Karkaroff was surprised when he realised I had no idea who I was...." She shrugs. "He just assumed, they all did, not that I blame them, it wasn't exactly a good awakening of magic...."

"How did your magic....appear?" He asks.

"I set a boy at the park on fire for pushing me in a puddle," She tells him as she grabs another book.

"I locked my cousin in a snake enclosure at the zoo" He counters. She snorts and chuckles a little.

"Why am I only just hearing this now?" She asks as she sits across from him. "Who knew you were so interesting...?" She teases, he gives her a look. "You have to tell me that story" She leans forward. Harry appears to then have a lightbulb moment.

"I will" He offers. "If you talk to your dad" He adds, she leans back and lets out a breath, her eyes studying him to see how serious he is about this.

"Why are you so....interested in me talking to him?" She asks him.

"Because...if my parents were still alive, I would want to talk to them" Harry answers. "No matter what" She nods a little. That she can understand.

"Sorry" She whispers. "Here I am whining about my parents....and you don't even have any anymore"

"It's fine, Rhiannon" He assures her. "I understand why you are angry at your parents, but...be the bigger person. You are a Tri-Wizard champion now..." She snorts a little and nods.

"Fine" She caves. "I'll...talk to my dad...." She still is apprehensive about doing so, because she doesn't know what she is going to hear from him.

............

Attila rests his head against Rhiannon's leg where she sits on the floor, leaning against her bed, her eyes on the two-way mirror resting against her knees. Harry was right. Whatever he has done. Whoever he is. He is still her dad. She takes a deep breath and touches the glass.

"Grindelwald" She states, the mirror seems to shimmer as it becomes more a window than a mirror. He's older than she expected. Gaunt and pale. But those eyes. He's definitely her father.

"Rhiannon" He states, surprised she'd used the mirror at all. He'd received it along with a letter from Dumbledore that had a bit of information about Rhiannon, but even Dumbledore doesn't know that much about her.

"Hey" She whispers. "Dad" He lets out a little laugh and moves closer to the mirror.

"Look at you" He states with a soft breath. "You're so beautiful...." He sits on the floor of his cell. "Tell me everything," He asks of her. Rhiannon glances at Attila who nods for her to try here. She lets out a breath.