3| Chocolate

Chapter 3: Chocolate (Evelyn's POV)

I was coming out of the kitchen at Fun & Food when my uncle called for me. I looked up, "Yes?" 

"Go. Quickly, go, go!" 

"What? Where?" I chuckled. 

"Your aunt is a caterer, you know that right?" he deadpanned. 

"Yeah... so?" I asked slowly. 

"Some of her staff didn't show up today and she's catering for the royal family. I'm sending staff. Go! Quickly!" 

"Jesus, okay!" I grabbed my phone, slipping it into my pocket, and ran across the street to her catering place. 

She was freaking out. Definitely freaking out. "Just put on our badge, Evelyn. Go with the others, quickly. I trust you, don't let me down." 

"How different is catering from waitressing?" 

She stared at me in disbelief. "You're going as a waitress!" she yelled. 

I flinched, pulling the badge on quickly. "Yes, sergeant," I said sarcastically, following her staff out, finding a few waiters from Fun & Food. 

"Weren't you better off running a counter at Cherie?" Max asked. 

"Weren't you better off quiet?" I rolled my eyes, climbing into the van with him. Everyone was finally calmer. "Are we late?" I asked. 

"No, but your aunt likes to freak out when it comes to the Grimaldi's," he chuckled. 

"They are the royal family, of course, she freaks out," someone else said. 

I rolled my eyes, plugging in my earphones for the rest of the drive. When the car stopped, I pulled them out, staring at the palace I saw just this morning. I helped carry some stuff inside and then we were guided to the huge kitchen and shown the main hall where the party was. The kitchen was just like one at a fancy restaurant. This place is huge. 

"Waiters, waitresses, start them off with drinks. Wine, whiskey, champagne-" 

"Whatever they want," I smiled, cutting off Mr. Moris. "Sorry," I mumbled. 

"Start with red and white wine. Off you go." 

I grabbed a tray, following the others and taking a bunch of glasses, fitting ten on the tray. I poured six glasses of white wine, four of red. People like white wine more, just an observation. I followed the others and started doing what I do at Fun & Food. Waitressing. 

"Sir, ma'am." 

The couple turned to me. 

"Wine?" 

Two glasses of white wine gone. I repeated the process until all the glasses were gone. I then went back into the kitchen, filled up ten more, and this time on my way back, I picked up any empty glasses left on the round tables. On my fifth round, I nearly crashed into someone, dodging them carefully and saving the wine and both of us from its stains. 

"I am so sorry, sir!" I gasped, grabbing the one wobbly glass, letting out a breath of relief. 

"That's all right," he said absentmindedly, engrossed in his conversation. It was kind of his fault too but okay. 

"Wine, sir?" I sighed. 

He looked at the tray then at me. "Can I get a scotch?" 

"On the rocks?" 

He nodded. 

"Where will you be?" 

"Around."