46| Fantasy

Chapter 46: Fantasy (Archer's POV)

We stepped out of the car and headed inside her house, our driver bringing our belongings inside. 

"You know you don't have to be here, right? This isn't necessary," she mumbled, taking her suitcase from the driver before thanking him while I did the same. The car drove off and I took her suitcase and bag from her. 

"It's more than necessary. It's the only way you will let me kiss you," I shrugged while ringing the doorbell. Why is nobody answering the door? 

She started laughing. 

"What?" I frowned in confusion. 

"Nobody's home," she chuckled. "They're at work." 

"Why didn't you tell me this? How do we get inside?" 

"Relax," she rolled her eyes, squatting down and digging into one of the tiny pot plants by the door, pulling out a key. "It's a spare." She unlocked the door and I stepped in while she tucked the key back into the dirt. She came inside behind me and closed the door, locking it shut. She sighed, "Welcome to my humble abode. You've been here before but I'll explain for courtesy's sake. Kitchen is to the left, the living room to the right, a small backyard straight through here, my parents' room is to the right of the staircase, my room is upstairs and so is the guest room where you shall stay," she said, pointing to each of the rooms. 

"The guest room?" I frowned. 

"You didn't think you're staying with me in my room did you?" she grinned. "My parents are not that modern." 

I see the change in her. It's like being in her own home, she's much more comfortable being herself. Which upsets me because she should be just as comfortable in the palace, but I know she isn't. That too because of the people around her. Because of my family. 

"No, no, no," I said quickly. "I'm staying with you. In your bedroom," I argued. 

"You cannot do that. My parents won't allow it." 

"Let me talk to them and I'm certain they will," I smirked. 

"Archer-" 

"I'm staying with you. It's final," I nodded before heading upstairs with both our suitcases. 

She groaned before coming upstairs and leading me to her room. "Fine, you can stay here. But your stuff has to be there. There isn't enough space for your clothes and your suitcase, and- wait, please don't tell me you brought your fancy coats and blazers and ties and-" 

"No. No, I didn't. I just brought shirts and pants," I laughed while she nodded thankfully. 

"Great. Okay, my bathroom is right over there, the guest room is down the hall. Let's unpack and then... let's go out." 

"Oh?" I grinned. 

She chuckled, "I have a shift at Fun & Food." 

"What?" I huffed. 

"This is the last breath I get of normalcy, let me take it. You can keep me company there. Come on. Shift starts at six," she said while I put her suitcase on the bed and opened it for her. 

I took my stuff and moped on my way to the guest room. I should have known she wouldn't make it so simple to win her back. 

.·:*¨ ✘♚✘ ¨*:·.

I knocked on her door for the third time but no one answered. She said we're leaving at six, it's nearly six. "Evelyn, I'm coming inside!" I opened the door and stuck my head in but her room was empty.