Battle

Enjoy!
_____________________________

Narrator's P.O.V

Natsu stayed for a little longer in Lucys room, in hope that she would leave the bathroom... but even after 2 hours she didn't come out.
He knew that she wanted him to leave.
After 20 more minutes he finally left the apartment with hanging shoulders and an huge amount of guilt in his heart.
Why couldn't he just tell her how he felt too?
He knew exactly what she meant by „loving him", he wasn't that stupid.
So why couldn't he react? It wasn't because he didn't feel the same.
He...loved her too.
Never ever in his life would he have thought that she'd like him too because ever since he knew her, she had been talking about her ideal boyfriend and her descriptions never matched his personality nor his appearance.
That's what left him so shocked and out of words- he didn't expect her to tell him her feelings so sudden without a warning.

He spent the rest of the night walking around the streets, thinking about his feelings and most importantly, thinking about Lucy.

The next day, 6 AM

Lucy's P.O.V

I was awake since 4 a.m.
I could hardly sleep last night because I couldn't get Natsu out of my mind.
Why did I even confess my feelings to him?
Of course he doesn't feel the same way!
I would be surprised if he felt anything romantic for anyone at all.
So what was I hoping for?
I'm so stupid ...

I had arrived at the guild half an hour ago and was looking for a job as fast as I could.
I didn't want Natsu to catch me here and see how I wanted to do a job without him, otherwise he would freak out again, making a big deal out of it...and I really didn't feel like seeing him right now anyways.
Even Mira wasn't here yet, only the Master.
I guess everyone else was still sleeping at home.
Suddenly the guild door opened and I turned around in shock, my heart pounding and I panicked that it might be Natsu who was standing at the entrance.
To my surprise, it wasn't Natsu, but Haru, who looked at me just as surprised as I was.
He came over to me with a smile and greeted me.
I could only smile back half-heartedly, at the moment I was just not in the mood to act so happy.
"What are you doing?" Haru asked interested.
"I'm looking for a job" I replied with a sigh and kept looking.
"Sounds cool" he said, and I noticed how envious he was watching me as I chose a job.
I felt sorry for him, he probably thinks he can't do jobs without magic.
That's when an idea came to me!
"Do you want to come with me?" I asked and his eyes immediately brightened.
"S-sure ?!" he exclaimed excitedly.
"Of course!" I smiled warmly and finally came across the perfect job.
Not too easy, not too difficult, and the reward was good too.
We just have to defeat a wizard who was causing trouble in a small town in the west and simply bring him to the Magic Council.

I tore the note off the wall and took brought over to Master.
"I'm doing this job with Haru, Master" I said confidently.
He took the slip of paper and read it through, then looked at me with worried eyes.
„Are you sure Lucy?" he asked.
"Very sure" I confirmed.
"Then I wish you all the best together" he smiled, even if it came across as a bit forced.
I smiled back and quickly pulled Haru out of the guild with me because I wanted to pack our things as soon as possible.
The city wasn't far away but I didn't want to meet Natsu on the way home, so better be fast than too slow.

5 hours later

Narrator's P.O.V

Haru and Lucy reached the location after 3 hours by train and waited in hiding for the culprit who had planned, according to their client, to attack another district of the town who was known for all the wealthy people.
Suddenly the two childhood friends heard quiet but quick steps that came closer.
Lucy knew immediately that it was the mage they were looking for.
She took a closer look at him, checked whether he had other weapons on him besides his magic.
When she realized that this was not the case, she briefly looked over at Haru and smiled at him.
"Now watch!" she whispered and ran with superhuman speed towards the man, who noticed her too late and thus got a kick in the face which sent him flying until he pulled himself together and skilfully landed on his feet again.