𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟐𝟕 - 𝐄𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫

Sunlight was gently trickling through the broken slats of wood that consisted of the hut's walls, and Theo's body was curled protectively around mine when I woke up. His chest was pressed firmly against my back, my butt was against his crotch and our legs were tangled together.

"Morning." He breathed, sending wisps of my hair across my face.

"Hey." I rolled over to face him, smiling at him.

In that light, his hazel-blue eyes turned a little green and he looked like a freaking male model, even with his messy bed hair.

"What are you thinking?" He traced his thumb down the side of my face, looking intently into my eyes.

"How gorgeous you are," I blurted out before my brain could even consider processing what I wanted to say.

A smirk found his lips. "I really enjoyed last night."

Our hands found one another under the sleeping bag, fingers linking together.

"I'm sorry I didn't wanna go all the way..." I trailed off, biting my lip.

"Ember, I completely understand that you didn't want our first time to be in a dilapidated, half-burnt down hut in a burnt-down mining town in the middle of the woods." Theo smiled kindly, his hand trailing up my bare arm. "Plus, I didn't exactly pack accordingly for us sleeping together."

"Oh..." My eyes widened, as my lips pressed together and curved up in a knowing smile.

I stretched my arms over my head and sat up, arching my back and stretching that out as well.

"We should get up..." Theo began but trailed off, as in the process of me stretching, the sleeping bag had fallen off my body, revealing my breasts pressed against Theo's shirt — not that I particularly minded.

"Or we could just stay here?" Shrugging, I suggested, before kissing him, my tongue sliding into his mouth without a single nanosecond of hesitation.

"Em..." He moaned against my mouth. "The hunters could be here already — it's not safe..."

Breaking the kiss off, I rolled my eyes. "Fine, you're probably right anyway."

"I loved last night," he told me as we were starting to get up.

"Me too." I smiled across at him as he pulled his shorts back on, and I threw his t-shirt back to him. It was warm out, so I just stuck with my vest and shorts, not bothering with my hoodie.

"I love your body so much." Theo's body suddenly pushed me up against the wall, his hands trailing over my skin.

I sucked in a breath, pressing my lips together. "Aren't we supposed to be getting up?"

"Yeah..." He sighed but pushed his lips against mine anyway.

My hands trailed down his bare chest, before hooking my fingers in his belt loops and pulling his body closer to mine.

Ruining the moment and betraying my hunger, my stomach grumbled.

Seriously?

"I guess we should get some food," Theo smirked, placing his hand on my cheek, his thumb brushing against my skin.

"I guess so." I leaned against his hand for a moment longer.

In the bags that I'd grabbed from Theo's dad's pickup, there were a couple of trail bars that I'd thrown in last minute. I would've packed more had I known that Theo and I would be staying the night.

Before she'd been locked up for the full moon the night before, Thea had told me to get some camping stuff together, 'just in case', she'd told me — along with a signature shrug she shared with her twin brother.