Twelve

After staring at my face in the mirror for God knows how long while waiting for him to return, I got tired of standing. Was he crazy telling me to wait here?

Or maybe he just meant I should wait in his office not the bathroom. I face palmed myself and walked out, admiring the office all over again. I stood at the glass window and stared at the city below.

It must really feel good to have money, a lot of it. I thought.

My hand went down to rub my stomach which was still very much flat. I was beginning to regret my decision so bad. This wasn't worth it if I had already lost the man I love. I should have waited. I should have tried more. I guess I was just greedy to want to have it all at once, not caring about the consequences, all the things I could loose.

If my mother saw me right now, she would be so disappointed.

"Are you okay Miss Eva?" Leornard's voice pulled me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah am fine, I just feel.. " my words hung up in my throat when I turned around and noticed his once black suit is now grey. "What did you do?" I asked shocked.

"I got a new suit that doesn't have perfume on it" he said like it was nothing and walked over to sit on his chair close to me. I didn't expect such nice thing from him.

"Wow" I muttered under my breath

"Do we need to go to the doctor?" He asked fondling with some files on his table.

"No this is normal, am just allergic to  some things but I'm fine" I replied

"Good" he simply said. Back to being motionless. I awkwardly walk away from the window towards the side of his desk he was reading a paper not caring if I exited. How does he even do that, be nice one minute and be void of emotions the next. I see why he didn't have a girlfriend, no one could keep up to that.

"I'm hungry" I said out of the blue, "actually I want pizza"

"Pizza isn't food Miss Eva"

"But I want pizza"

"you need to eat healthy because of the baby"

"I still want pizza"

"He sighed "fine but only after we get actual food"

"That sounds good" I smiled.

Just then a knock was heard on the door, followed by a "come in" by Leornard. Dressed in white long sleeved shirt tucked in blue suit pants, a man walked into the office with a wide smile on his face.

"Leornard" he called and before I could blink, Leornard was up from his seat and walking fast towards the man.

"Jason" the both of them hugged, patting eachother on the back. I just stood there again, awkward and super conscious of the fact that there were now two men in the office.

"I had no idea you were back" Leonard said and Jason chuckled

"I came back last night, wanted to surprise you"

"This is indeed a surprise" the two men seem to be fond of eachother, like they were best of friends.

"And who is this" Jason asked and Leornard shifted turning towards me.