Seven

It was 12 noon but I couldn't get out of bed, which was unlike me.

The pain was back, as fresh as the first day he broke up with me.

It felt as if my body was glued to the bed because I had no intentions of getting up.

I was shattered inside out. I was hungry but at the same time not hungry. I knew I should be taking good care if myself and eating properly because of the baby now growing inside of me but I just couldn't bring myself to do anything.

I guess I needed that maid after all.

The door bell echoed in my room and I let out a loud groan. I didn't want to get up let alone see anyone. Could it be the maid who had come back because I was now officially pregnant. Whatever, she would just have to walk away when she gets tired, I thought.

When the door bell didn't stop ringing, I pushed off my bed angrily. Oh I was gonna come hard on someone. I went downstairs and behold it was Leonard. Already inside my house.

I frowned "how did you get in?" Was my first question

"Good day to you too miss Eva" great!  he had humor too.
"I have a key,  in case you forgot this is my house"

Noted.

"You were not answering the door bell so I helped myself" he put a big basket down on the dinning table that was when I noticed what he was holding. A basket full of fruits.

"I brought this, doctor said its good for you" I didn't know if it was the fruits or his gesture but a small smile decorated my face.

"Thanks" I scanned through the varieties of fruit in the basket.

"What did you have for breakfast" he asked.

"Nothing" I said like it was the most normal thing to say

"Nothing?" He repeated in a rather furious voice, I had to look at him to be sure he wasn't yelling at me.

"Are you trying to.."

"Relax" i interupt "I'm not trying to starve your child if that's what you were about to say" I grabbed an apple and took a huge bite. I moaned silently as the juice hit my taste buds, i almost forgot how sweet an apple was.

"Miss Eva you signed a contract.. " He started

"Yeah yeah I know what I signed" I cut him off again

"Do you?"

"Why are you so grumpy Mr Leonard?" he was taken back by my question

"Your girlfriend is wonderful for keeping up with you" I added. He was silent while I ate more of my apple. His face was void of emotions as usual.

suddenly he took two steps forward, making him 2inches away from my face. My breath hitched in my throat and I backed away immediately, eyes wide.

"Are you okay?" He asked confusing me "your eyes are swollen" I lowered my head and walked into the kitchen, avoiding him. My guard was already way up.

"I'm fine" I said but my heart only ached more. I was already forgetting the pain I felt before his question.

"Were you crying?" He followed behind me

"I said I'm fine" I said rather too harsh. Normal me would apologize immediately but I just stayed silent. I poured myself a glass of water and tried to drown the awkward silence that followed.

My mood had turned sour in a twinkle of an eye, the thought of kelvin was supposed to bring me happiness but now it brought pain. How could I tell him that I lost my boyfriend just to fulfill his desire of having a child.

My vision blurred out but I blinker the tears back and turned around only to find him staring at me.

"I know it took you alot to do this and I know you were desperate for money" taken aback, I tilted my head and look at him, a little annoyed.

"Forgive my language, what i meant to say was.." He paused as if searching for the right words, "I understand that you only rid this because you needed the money and I know it might not have gone well with people around you, your love ones" well no shit

"My point is, I won't medle in your life and I won't ask displeasing questions again" I blinked, short of words.

"Thank you" was all I could muster. He nodded.

"I'll take my leave now, if you need anything, call me" I nodded.

He turned around and left me in the kitchen, when I heard his car roll off my drive way, I realized I didn't have his number.

Great.

I went back upstairs to actually continue moping on my bed when I heard my phone beep from my bedside drawer. A text displayed on my screen from an unknown number.

Now you have my number