Its go time! 🇦🇹

The few months of proper race prep was now done and the teams were ready for the first race of the 2020 season in Austria.

Lando has been feeling really positive about the whole thing this time round as he knew what to expect going into his second year as an F1 driver.

Free practice had gone ok for the team and lando was looking really smooth and relaxed which was what the team was looking for. It was like watching a new driver seeing him race and you just wish you could be down in the paddock more but due to covid restrictions McLaren only allowed engineers and those who needed to be there to be in the paddock before qualifying.

"How are you feeling today?" You asked as you and lando walked through the barriers to the circuit.
"Pretty good, I'm feeling light and ready to go" he said with a little smile at the corner of his face
"Good, I'm gutted I won't be next to the grid when you guys start off this weekend but during qualifying I'm going to go to one of the balcony's with the rest of the team and hopefully the same on Sunday."
"I know it's shit how everyone will be split up but I guess it's the safest" he said taking your hand as you walked down the strip to the caravans.

"Oi Oi Norris!" You heard George shout
"You alright mate" he asked walking past as you weren't allowed to mix with other teams now due to bubbles.
"Bye Georgie" you said with a wave
"Oh Charles is over there, let's just walk past to see how he is"
"Hi you two.. your looking lovely Anna as always" Charles complimented you. You didn't see much fuss as it was just your McLaren team shirt and your work trousers. Well you had curled your hair so I suppose it was an effort for the first race weekend.
"I'm buzzing to be back, hows things been at home" lando asked
"Good, Charlotte has he learning the sim and she's getting pretty good but she's back travelling for some modelling work so she couldn't make this weekend"
"I'm sure she will be at all the other races Charles, we will see you later" you said giving a small wave like before as you walked down to the McLaren section.

"Lando!!!" Carlos said as he made his way down to his room
"Carlos!!" Lando replied with a Spanish accent
"You two crack me up at times ahah, how you feeeling?" You asked Carlos
"Good I'm a bit nervous to get the go signal but I can't wait too" he admitted
"Me too and I'm not even in the race!" You laughed
"Don't worry lando I'm going to beat you so you have no reason to be nervous" Carlos said
"Yeah well we will see about that on Sunday Carlotta" lando laughed as he left to go and get changed for qualifying.

"Ok lan, you have been to the loo?"
"Yes"
"Got your fireproofs on?"
"Yes"
"Gloves?"
"Yes"
"Drink on you?"
"Yes"
"Helmet?"
"Yes, I have everything I'm good to go I think"
"Ok I'm just making sure. Um-"
"Is everything ok Anna" he said sitting next to you on the sofa
"Um- it's strange like before I'm usually with George but now I'm here with you and I've never seen you before a race really"
"I know it must be weird not being over there but at least McLaren knows how to overtake and use an accelerator" he joked
"Ooo cutting deep. Don't let them hear you say that ahah. No but seriously I just want you to be careful and I know it's only qualifying now and god knows what I'll be like before the race but I really just want you to be safe. I love you and I just want you to be able to step out the car at the end."
"It's ok don't worry I'm one of the safest drivers because I'm one of the best if I do say so myself. You know it will be ok. I promise this season is one of the best for a long time. Nothing will happen." He said as you rested your head on his shoulder.

There was a knock at the door.

"Mr Norris?" A blonde haired girl said
"Yes?"
"You need to be in the garage in five minutes, see you then" she said leaving, you burned a stare into the back of her head. You didn't know the girl and you did not like the way she looked at lando while you were obviously sat with you head on his shoulder.