Carlos

"Fuck me"

The first words that left your mouth after you received a phone call from Carlos who was currently sat in hospital in Saudi Arabia. This weekend was meant for a relaxing time at your apartment you shared with lando in Monaco while they were all in Saudi for the race weekend. You sat with your head in your hands thinking of an action plan to tackle this one. Carlos phoned you because he trusted you. You quickly packed together some essentials and some clothes into a suitcase, grabbed your passport and some basic equipment and before you knew it you were sat on a flight to Saudi.

Lan 🧡
You: hey baby, Carlos just phoned and he's asked me to rehab him after his op so I'll be in Saudi by tonight

Lan: what op you on about?!

You: has he contacted you?

Lan: no

Lan: one second ..

(Two minutes later)

Lan: I knew he wasn't feeling well but appendicitis?! He said they are operating in just over an hour once he gets paperwork signed.

You: I know! I knew about three hours ago! Ahah guess I've top trumped you in the friendship list

Lan: I'll be having words with you over this... can't be having any best mate replacement ..

You: sounds like a good conversation we will be having then baby .. ;)

Carlos had phoned you because he knew you would have him fixed and rehabbed in just days! He knew he had to be back in his seat for Australia and get back on track as soon as possible. The plan was to stay with Carlos in Saudi for the rest of the week before flying down to Australia with him in just over two weeks time the race would be happening.

You didn't have time to go to see lando and the rest of them at the track as you needed to meet Carlos at the hospital he has been taken to. As you arrived at the airport in Saudi you were greeted by two tall, very handsome, Italian men dressed in red. Today was a nice day.

"Miss Taylor?" One said in an Italian accent
"Yep that's me" you smiled as you pulled your suitcase by your side.
"Mr sainz is still asleep from the operation but for now we will take you to the team hotel"
"Is it the same hotel as any other teams in just wondering, my partner lando is obviously with McLaren and if they are there I'll just go in with him"
"We can't allow room share. You are now part of the scuderia and under team secrecy"
"Knew you lot were still all mafia kids" you laughed, earning a chuckle from them both as you made your way out of the airport
"Aha it's data protection. You will need to sign some forms just in case you haven't information disclosed to you"

All the rules when working across different teams was a pain to deal with but at the end of the day Ferrari weren't as competitive as McLaren this year so it wasn't a worry you would leak anything.

As you walked down the hospital corridor, the doctor took you off into a side room where Carlos was in recovery from surgery.

"You dick" you laughed as you walked in
"It came from no where, I have no idea" he said in that Spanish accent making you giggle as he was so confused over how the appendicitis came from no where
"Well at least your still alive because lando still needs a best man for when he finally proposes"
"I told you one of the first times I met you, I am invincible and here I am. Now get me in the car"
"Not today mr sainz! Your now under my care so I will be judging when your fit enough"
"With you judging it will be a longggg time" he said emphasising the g

Your phone rang and it was lando,
"Hey baby, are you with Carlos yet?" Lando asked
"Yes he's just here, let me put you on speaker"

"Ahahhahahhaha you muppet!" Lando called out with that cackling laugh earning one back from Carlos before wincing in pain and holding his stomach
"Lan don't make him laugh it's hurting him to laugh!" You shouted back, equally in laughter from the situation
"Lando listen, mate, give me two weeks and I'm back in a car" Carlos said and the fear ran through you. He wouldn't be no where fit enough for two weeks time in Australia.
"Carlos is .. is that ... I'm pretty sure that sounds like a bet...?" Lando suggested and you could sense the grin behind his words

You sat there in silence holding your phone up so Carlos could hear it while shaking your head at what you were witnessing.

"Bet" Carlos replied

Shit.

"How much?" Lando asked

"20" Carlos replied

"20 grand! I can't just give you 20 thousand pounds or euros or wherever you want Carlos!" Lando panicked

"No, 20 shots of tequila at the after party for Australia when I win"

"Go on then! Bet! 20 shots of tequila, in a row, if you win the Aussie race" lando agreed with Carlos and you knew either way it was a bad idea.

"Boys this is ridiculous and unrealistic on both term!" You replied over them both laughing

"No no it's the best!" Carlos shouted
"Eh and if I win eventually I'll let you fill up that thing I need you to do for me" lando said

"I don't know and don't want to know the context of that! Anyway you need to be heading to the track! Carlos will be there this afternoon so we will see you later" you said trying to bring back the conversation

"Okay, take it easy mate. See you soon" lando replied as he knew he needed to get moving to the track.
"Thanks lando, thanks also for letting me use your girlfriend" Carlos joked
"Don't say it like that you weirdo!" Lando shouted
"That's enough! By darling, see you soon!" You laughed as you ended the phone

That bet eh? Oh how you suffered after spending the night and looking after two very drunk boys, especially a very drunk lando after his 20 shots, in a row!!