- chapter 3 -

In the morning, our leaders told us we were going canoeing. ZhenZhen and I both were pretty exited because we would get to go up the mountains to get there. 

I didn't want to get any of my nicer clothes wet in the rapids so I just wore a camp shirt that I cropped (it was long enough to cover the bruise on my torso), red basketball shorts, and my black high-top converse. Since my hair isn't long I just left it down because it would fall out of a ponytail eventually. While I was dressed like this, ZhenZhen was dressed like a whole boy scout, she's weird but cool.

------------------------

As we were walking to the vans Dariush basically ran us over yelling "SHOTGUN!!" Man I really want to punch that guy sometimes.

ZhenZhen and I sat in the middle row of seats in the van and Alex sat in the first. It wasn't long before we were met by Dariush because he got kicked out of the other van. 

"All right scoot over man. Move man my nuts is hot!" Dariush kept yelling at poor Alex before I flicked him in the back of the head while rolling my eyes.

"The hell was that for?" His voice just annoys me.

"For being an asshole." I responded while smiling, he deserved it. At least ZhenZhen laughed.

----------------------

"Ah sorry guys, some kid shit the canoe while shootin' the rapids."

Everyone let out a disappointed groan except for me and Zhen since we only wanted to go up to the mountains.

As they were all fighting about (shit?), me and Zhen decided to just get away from the group and hike up the mountain on our own.

"Where are you going? ZhenZhen? Delilah? Do you guys know where you're going? I don't think we should wander this far, maybe we should head back?" Alex shouted at us but we just ignored him.

We kept climbing up for a bit until we saw it. 

The view was absolutely fascinating, it looked just like ZhenZhen's pamphlet. We recreated the Titanic scene on the rock while facing the scenery, we both laughed. It was magical.

But of course our moment was interrupted by Alex's screams, and (Dariush?)

"Dariush let Alex go, you're not helping him," I said.

"Shut up, nobody was talking to you Delilah." Dariush responded rudely.

"Let him go!" An unfamiliar voice said. We all turned to look at where the voice was coming from. It was a tall guy, very attractive if I do say so myself. He looked like a young Leo DiCaprio. 

"Move along mountain hobo, we've got no qualms with you." I rolled my eyes at Dariush's words. 

"I'm not gonna ask you again," Mr. DiCaprio stated firmly, it was kinda hot but I'm just going to keep that to myself.

Dariush walked over to the Leo look-alike while throwing Alex down to the ground. I rushed over to help him up and dust off all the dirt on his clothes while giving Dariush a death glare while Dariush walked over to the boy. 

"Big mistake, bro. Ooh. Five years of Krav Maga, bitch. I'll Gal Gadot you so hard right now. What's your ground game? What? What?"

Dariush tried to kick the kid, he failed miserably and was met with a punch to the nose. I audibly laughed.

"I have been WAITING for someone to put him in his place, thank you SO MUCH!" I thanked the mysterious boy.

He blushed a bit, it was adorable.

"My name is Gabriel," so finally a name to the face.

"I'm Delilah, these are Alex and ZhenZhen, she doesn't talk much. And the guy you just knocked out is Dariush, he's kind of an asshole. You live around here?"

He was hesitant, but he said yes. I instantly knew something was up, but that wasn't my biggest concern at the very moment.

"You guys are from the uh- the camp, right?"

"Yeah we are, we just kind of separated from our group." I replied.

"You know what? You know- You know what? That was a lucky punch. Yeah you know, I haven't acclimated to the altitudes yet. So my reflexes are kinda sub-par." Dariush said while panting.

"Yay he's alive." I said sarcastically, I got a slight chuckle from Gabriel so it was worth it.

Suddenly we heard loud booms up in the air. We all looked around worriedly trying to figure out whatever the fuck was happening. All of our phones beeped, except for Gabriel's, who I'm guessing doesn't own a phone. He looked over my shoulder to see mine, it read "EMERGENCY BROADCAST SYSTEM". 

While Dariush whined, we all decided to head back to the vans.

"Anyone know the way?" Alex asked.

"I do, follow me." Gabriel lead. I repeat, it was hot.

"Okay. Whoa! Whoa. Slow your roll, Dora the Explorer,
all right, this is my clique. Soldiers, out." We all looked at Dariush, and then just followed Gabriel, eventually he realized he was by himself and joined us while we walked down the mountain. 

That's when we realized that....