- chapter 4 -

They all left?

We walked down the mountain to find that everyone was gone! They had left us.

"Everyone's gone!"

"Assholes."

They were complaining about their phones and shit but I was too focused on what was going on in the sky. It looked like a bunch of explosions in the atmosphere. The sky went yellow all of a sudden and then, what looked like some sort of aircraft, zoomed by over the lake.

"Oh my God, it's Independence Day." Gabriel mentioned, referring to the movie.

"It's June, Gabriel!" Dariush replied, what an idiot.

"He means the movie- you know what never mind." I said but then stopped myself because I realized his pea-brain wouldn't get the reference.

"Oh, wait, maybe North Korea's invaded! Zhenzhen, call it off!" We all glared at him.

I zoned out for a second after that, trying to figure out what the hell we were going to do but my attention was brought back when Dariush said...

"I never even had sex before! Imma clear that up. I had sex... I had sex before, I mean... I haven't had sex with two girls at once. That's what I mean. I told you I had sex 'cause... I mean shit if you would like to change that Delilah..."

"Shut the fuck up dude." Gabriel said all protective, and then looked at me. I gave him a slight smile mouthing 'thank you', and he nodded as a way of saying 'no problem'. 

I zoned out once again when they started talking about bears, so I didn't hear them say that we were leaving. As they were walking away I kind of just stood there, my mind in it's own world. That's when Gabriel came up and asked if I was alright. I told him that I was fine, I had just zoned out for a bit. He then took my hand and we walked together back to camp, a blush forming on both of our faces.

--------------------------

"HELLO?!" We all screamed as we reached the campgrounds. No one answered.

"Where is everybody?"

"Is anyone here?"

"Yo, do you see anybody?"

"What's that?"

A sign read 'gone down mountain stragglers call 911'.

"They left us!"

"Not all of them!"

"Huh? Wait look! It's Heavy Metal Conrad."

We all ran up to the passed out man in front of us. He smelt like Mark after having one-too-many glasses of whiskey. 

"Is he dead?" Dariush asked, as if he actually cared.

"He's breathing. He must have slept through the evacuation." Gabriel responded.

"Okay, what kind of asshole sleeps through an evacuation?" I said.

ZhenZhen then held up a flask that said "Milk" on the outside of it. She chugged whatever was left inside. She didn't even flinch. Badass.

"I don't think that... that was milk." Dariush mentioned.

"No shit. " I whispered to myself still in awe of how fast she drank that.

It was then that I realized that Gabriel and I hadn't stopped holding hands. Just the thought that he didn't want to let go made me blush a bit. I guess he noticed it too because just then he was matching the same blush I had on my face.

-------------------------

"Line's dead." Gabriel said as he put the phone back in its place.