- chapter 7 -

As we were standing in the bike shack, I see Alex looking a bit uncomfortable but I brush it off for the time being. 

"They gave us the code at registration, it's, um... six-six-nine." Childish, but admirable. Gabriel was trying to unlock the bikes but he looked like he was struggling a bit.

"Come on, man. Hurry up, dude. Come on. It's six-six-nine. Six... nine... Dude, what are you talking about? I said six-six-nine."

"Come on, man. Dude, hurry up! Just put it in there. What are you, dumb?" That did it.

"He's not dumb, leave him alone. Here let me help you Gabriel."

I crouched down next to him and unlocked them. He looked at me.

"Thank you." He whispered so only I could hear.

"Don't worry about it."

--------------------------------------

We took the bikes out of the shack but we realized Alex hadn't grabbed one.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Gabriel asked curiously.

"I can't go with you." Alex replied.

"Why not?"

"I can't ride a bike, I never learned." Great. Just what we needed. 

"It's okay. You guys can go without me." Does he really think we would leave without him? 

"Cool, we out!" Well I can certainly see where he would get the idea that we'd be able to leave him, thanks Dariush.

"We got back down to your camp and everyone left you, how did that make you feel?" Look at Gabe being all inspirational and shit.

"Yeah Alex we would never leave you, you wouldn't survive a day alone." I made him laugh a little so it was worth it. 

"Before we go we should probably change into other clothes because Dariush's alien jizz is starting to stink." We all burst out laughing at my statement, except for Dariush.

"Okay you guys it's not funny that was traumatizing for me!"

--------------------------------------

I was trying to pick out something comfortable since it looked like we would be riding for a while, not to mention it was like 90 degrees outside. 

I ended up just putting on some loose jeans, just in case I fell so I wouldn't scrape up my knees, and a tropical print button up because the material is breathable and comfy. I just wore it unbuttoned with a white tank top under it. And the converse I was wearing before. 

As I was changing I noticed something shiny reflecting the sun from my bag. I picked it up to find out it was my foster dad's switchblade with a little post-it note attached to it that read:

"Just in case you need it in the forest! I love you! -Arlo"

Oh my god, I completely forgot to check on him, he must be so scared! I can't call him because all the phones are down and he's hours away from here. After we turn in the key I HAVE to go find him. I'm such a terrible sister. I can't even begin to imagine what he feels like right now.

Then, I hear a knock on the door.

"Hey we're about to leave- are you okay? You look like you're crying?" It was ZhenZhen. I hadn't even realized that my eyes began to water. I wipe my eyes.