Chapter 79 | the origins of ruthless reunions

-----------------------> NARCISSA WALKED DISTRACTEDLY ON PLATFORM NINE-AND-THREE-QUARTERS

-----------------------> NARCISSA WALKED DISTRACTEDLY ON PLATFORM NINE-AND-THREE-QUARTERS. Perhaps the only reason why she hadn't bumped shoulders with others was the wide burthen people were giving her. Many had paid witness to her attempting to murder Thomas Nott. Everyone had, at the very least, heard the horrifyingly true rumours. However, none spoke against her in public, specifically regarding the glaring illegality and overreaction of the whole incident.

The Hufflepuffs were too scared to testify against her, the Gryffindors felt Thomas Nott deserved the wounds he had been dealt with and the Ravenclaws were too smart to get dragged into a feud by the House of Black— especially considering the recent murder of Lady Avery had also been tied to them behind closed doors in the Manors of a selected few. Even Thomas Nott, despite being the now-bandaged victim, was silent in the wake of him almost dying. Although, he did whisper behind Narcissa's back about the hourglass of her life, which was emptying, signalling she had fewer days to live.

Regulus strolled beside her, gaze fixated on Amal, who had found her parents and was now, standing with them.

She arched a dark brow.

Regulus threw her a wink.

Amal rolled her eyes fondly. Then, she pointed a finger to his toes before using her thumb to make a slashing motion against her throat.

Regulus grinned and slowly mouthed, See you at the dance.

Amal took the lapse of a heartbeat to understand his statement. Then, she mouthed, Last chance to back out.

Regulus shook his head. Just as he was about to respond, two arms linked themselves into Regulus', making him the middle.

"Hello, little brother," Sirius and James greeted in a union, smiling down on him.

Regulus scowled, ignoring them in favour of Amal only to find that she had disappeared into the sea of faces, most likely having returned home. So, he sighed. "Out of every opportunity the two of you could have shown up in, it had to be now?"

"Well, what can I say, we live to displease," James bragged.

"And speaking of living, hey Cissa! Why do you look like an inferi?" Sirius teased, concern prominent in his tone despite the framing of his question.

Narcissa kept walking, oblivious to the question levelled towards her.

James, Sirius and Regulus shared worried glances. They ran after her and before they could tug on her sleeve and ask if she was alright, Orion spotted them, calling out their names. The sound of Orion's voice seemed to snap Narcissa back to reality and she changed the direction of the path she was on towards him. The three boys trailed after her.

There was a space surrounding a smiling Orion and Walburga, whose attire and mannerisms juxtaposed those around them. Dressed in expensive robes and dragon-hide robes while carrying a natural superiority air with them, the couple stood out like a glaring neon.