2.

And then there was a quick holiday announcement for a week with tons of homework assigned.

I barely had no friends in my street, that I had no one to hangout nor play with...

I stayed at home...doing my homework and helping mom during evenings in the garden.... Ofcourse I loved little plants with beautiful flowers.... Whenever I looked at a flower, I felt like it was smiling at me and hence they made me happy.

A week went off and It was the back to school mode again! It was a Monday.

I slept a bit too much that I was late and so was in a hurry to reach the next street to catch up with my friends on time..., but I never forgot to have a look onto that house.....

The garden,as always seemed beautiful...but wait! The girl was missing....

I never stopped to have a closer look but ran coz I had no time to spare.

Next day, dad took me to school....As the car passed by that house...I look into the gate so as to see if she was there....but no she wasn't...

I never cared to wonder what happened.

A week went off without that stranger girl near the gate.

Some part of me wanted an answer and the other part never even cared...

But still I looked into that gate....And this time I took a moment to stand there and watch over the whole garden...

I noticed the green bed of grass on the ground... I wondered how it would be to walk on them bare feet.... And the Violet roses around the garden... They really got my attention! It was soo fascinating and enchanting to see them just like that.... And that was the first time me watching them too... Truly wonderful!

But unfortunately someone caught me peeping into the garden. It was a lady.

'Even I love those roses! They are very special to me!'

I was startled and took a second to recognise from where the sound came from...

It was from near the bushes...

It was a women of middle age. She smiled at me softly.

I smiled back at her but the embarrassment made a quick blush on my face.

' Oh dear! Don't be shy... I am happy to see that someone took some time to look at my garden... You look at it coz you find it attractive and so I am very much delighted!'

' It's...very beautiful!'

' Wanna come in and see more of it?' she asked with a happy smile.

' Ah...I..I..would love to... but I have school..'

' Oh!..' I saw a sad expression on her face all a sudden.

' But what happened to her?!' May be out of curiosity I blurted out all a sudden!

' Oh! you are Vio's friend! So happy to see you dear! But I'm afraid she is sick and taking a bedrest for this week...'

'Owww...'

' May be... Come have a visit after school dear! She will be delighted..... I'm so happy that she have got a friend now!' she said .

' Sure mam... I would love to! ' I said with a smile and bowed at her to leave.

She bid me bye... ' Take care little one'

I was pretty sure it was her mother. They seemed really alike.

But the way she was, felt entirely opposite to her daughter....

May be not...I can't judge a person just like that.

Anyways I felt a good vibe talking to her and some part of me felt, she was so happy to see me... she was soo warm to me even though I was a complete stranger to her.

To conclude I understood...The stranger girl had no friends...

My heart was right.... she was lonely. May be that's the reason she ain't bothered to smile.