5.

Three months of friendship with Violetta and I became a fantasy lover...

I read like more than 15 books of fiction and poetry and even started scoring better and best on my English exams.... And so my mom never said a no nor an objection when I went her house...

Now we always sat outside the house in the garden... And it was soo refreshing!

' I love these Roses the most!' I said looking around the garden....'

' Why?! Tell me the reason?'

' Because.... Yeah I love its colour and fragrance... I have never seen them before!'

' Will you love them the same forever?'

' Yes... Ofcourse I will...!'

' No.. you will not.. You will only love them the most until you find something more captivating!'

I kept quiet...

' Or....You will keep loving them the most like forever, if you have a beautiful memory when you think about it..... The same comes for hatred or any other emotions as well...'

................

I never understood those words then...

But now I do....

"Little did I knew then, that these roses and its fragrance will be holding memories in my heart; that would stay with me forever....."

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

It was a Sunday... we meet the day before and she had given me a small book...

She told it had a poem that she had written for me!

"Smile"

I read that but never understood what she meant...so I thought of meeting her in the evening that day.

The gate was wide open and I saw many people gathered by the side of the garden; where I and Vio usually sit and discuss..... It was an unusual sight...

I was quite confused but thought of walking there and see what was happening...

It was Violetta's funeral...

I feel down in shock and her book slipped from my hands... I started shivering uncontrollably...I couldn't believe my eyes!

'Like a doll, dressed in white; she was sleeping so peacefully....'

Somebody helped me to get on my feet and walked me closer to her new bed...

My mind wasn't stable..

" Wake her up... she is sleeping..." The sentence kept on repeating in my head.

I looked around.... sobbing and down faces; one by one placing a violet rose near her coffin..

Someone made me hold one too...

I noticed she was made to wear a silver crown... she seemed soo pretty lying there...

A beautiful princess surrounded by sad faces...

I even felt like she had a smile on her lips... was she fooling us pretending asleep?

My mind wasn't leading me as I wanted it to be! I don't know what I was feeling... All I knew was that my whole body was numb because of the shock...

The place was now covered with violet roses and its fragrance....

Few more seconds... I lost my consciousness....

.

.

.

.

I woke up in my bed! For some time I wasn't able to think clearly...

Suddenly her pale face and violet roses came into my mind!

I screamed loud and jumped out of my bed...

'Nooo!' I closed my eyes ,screamed and cried....

My mom came to me and hugged me tight and tried to console me...

My mind was an utter mess....

.

.

.

.

After her death, it almost took me a long period of time to recover from the shock...

I don't know.... we weren't so much attached but something inside, made me feel a damn void.

What shook me the most was that even the day before; we had spoken and even spend a lot of time together! She laughed a lot and even played her piano... It was my first time hearing her playing ; yet It was soo soothing to hear. Even Vio's mom joined us and we together had a lot of fun..

All that I knew was... she was sick....

But I never felt that... And I have never ever thought; she would leave just like that....

From then I started hating Violet roses and its fragrance... even the colour violet made me feel restless and irritated...

'The world of fantasy is where I find myself... my home!' it was her words... And so I never wanted to be there... and hence I stopped reading anything that took to that world...

And now when I think....

Actually it wasn't hatred but some kind of a combined feeling of sorrow and loss that unknowingly became covered in a shield of anger and fear...