1.02

BIANCA DOES SOMETHING CRAZY

-

"UM...OKAY."

Katniss rolled her eyes at Percy's very intelligent response, but it was nothing compared to Grover.

He gasped, then knelt hastily in the snow and started yammering, "Thank you, Lady Artemis! You're so... you're so... Wow!"

"Get up, goat boy!" Thalia snapped.

"We have other things to worry about. Annabeth is gone!" Cassiopeia snarled.

"Whoa," Bianca di Angelo said. "Hold up. Time out."

Everybody looked at her. She pointed her finger at all of them in turn, like she was trying to connect the dots. "Who... who are you people?"

Artemis's expression softened. "It might be a better question, my dear girl, to ask who are you? Who are your parents?"

Bianca glanced nervously at her brother, who was still staring in awe at Artemis, Cassiopeia, and Katniss.

"Our parents are dead," Bianca said. "We're orphans. There's a bank trust that pays for our school, but..."

She faltered. Katniss supposed she could tell from their faces that we didn't believe her.

"What?" she demanded. "I'm telling the truth."

"You are a half-blood," Zoë said, her old timely accent showing through. Katniss didn't have it (besides when she was pissed or emotional) because she had spent her last few thousand years with Chiron and the ever changing campers. "One of thy parents was mortal. The other was an Olympian."

"An Olympian... athlete?"

"No," Zoë said simply. "One of the gods."

"Tact," Katniss creticeted, only for Zoë to wave a dismissive hand in her direction.

"Cool!" Nico exclaimed, predictably enough.

"No!" Bianca's voice quavered. "This is not cool!"

Nico danced around like he needed to use the restroom. "Does Zeus really have lightning bolts that do six hundred damage? Does he get extra movement points for—"

"Nico, shut up!" Bianca put her hands to her face. "This is not your stupid Mythomagic game, okay? There are no gods!"

Katniss put a hand on each of the siblings' shoulders. "Bianca, Nico, I know it's hard to believe. But the gods are still around. Trust me, okay. They're immortal, and immortal means immortal."