CHAPTER 3 : Part 8

Anirudh's p.o.v

"Bondita..." My voice still cracked in spite of my efforts.

No reply. I tried again, still to be left with silence.

I know she's been crying her eyeballs out this whole time. I would hate to see her like that but I have to fix this sooner rather than later.

"Mein janta hoon tum mujhse baat karna nahi chahti lekin mujhe ek mauka toh do Bondita... Bas ek bar darwaza khol do" I pleaded.

She didn't reply again. I clutched my hands tightly to reign my temper and said calmly.

"Dekho Bondita, jab tak tum mujhse baat nahi karogi tab tak mein yahan se nahi hiloonga. Bas yahi rahoonga"

I knocked and knocked and knocked.

"Darwaza kholo Bondita baat karne do mujhe" I shouted.

"Dada... Aaram se" I heard Som behind me.

"Bondita suna nahi tumne? Meine kaha darwaza kholo" I don't know why I was getting angry on her.

"Dada ap hatiye... Bondita... Tu hai na andar? Mujhse bhi baat nahi karogi kya? Kam se kam aawaz toh de do" Laya tried her best.

After what felt like hours, I heard her weak and trembling voice trailing off.

"Chali jao Laya..."

I released a breath I had no idea I held and that's when I realized why I was angry with her. I was afraid if she was alright inside. Once I heard her voice, I felt myself calming down.

"Bondita meri baat suno darwaza kholo" I begged.

She didn't reply and just like that, my anger resurfaced to full swing. She wouldn't talk to me? She wouldn't talk to her Birristira babu? She would talk to her friend and others but not me? Fine!

"Bondita mein tumhe aakhri chetavni de raha hoon. Agar tumne yeh darwaza nahi knola toh mein ise todkar andar aa jaunga" I yelled for her to hear.

After waiting for a decent five minutes, I growled and banged on the door. I tried breaking it with my shoulder while Som tried to hold me back. I pushed him aside and gave him a threatening glare. He backed off immediately. I tried again and again and again and just like that, the door thrashed open and I fell inside. As soon as I felt ground underneath me, I looked around to find her. My eyes immediately stopped when I saw her black orbs staring down at ground. Her breathing was so slow and soft that I thought I wouldn't spot it unless I look for it. Her hair was a complete mess and her veil wasn't on top to cover it up. Though she wasn't looking at me, I could say her face was pale and exhausted. She sat there, her knees pressed against her body which was leaning back to the wall behind while her hands surrounded her weak knees for support. Her eyes slowly travelled up to meet mine and I immediately regretted my wish for her to look at me. Her red and swollen eyes seems to point me on my spot and just like that, they went down again. The dried tears on her cheeks wasn't helping me either.

Was I the one responsible for this state of hers? The anger I had went back to whatever place it came from and I was quickly swallowed up by a pang of guilt and regret.

I gave out a noisy sigh before standing up and placing myself down to the ground, my back leaning against the bed for support. I don't know if I did it consciously but I found myself imitating Bondita's position. A long silence prevailed after that.

"Bondita" I tried.

She let out a sigh but said nothing, nor did she looked up to meet my eyes.

"Mujhse baat nahi karogi kya?"

She remained mute.

"Mein janta hoon... Tumhare andar bohot saare sawal honge aur mein vada karta hoon mein un sab ka jawab tumhe zaroor doonga. Lekin uss se pehle bas ek bar mujhe batao ki kya hua tha wahan pe" I almost begged to her.

Silence...

"Bondita kuch toh bolo... Kam se kam daato mujhe... Tark karo mujhse... Samjhao mujhe... Kuch toh karo Bondita" I couldn't stop my tears.

I heard a scoff from her but nothing more.

"Mein nahi janta Saudamini ne tumse kya kuch bola hai. Lekin mujhpar bharosa rakho Bondita uss din kya hua tha, yeh baat mujhse zyada aur koyi nahi janta..."

"Bharosa... Ap par?" She spoke... No! Questioned.

I fought back the tears and the sudden tug of my heart.

"Meine jan boochkar yeh sab nahi chupaya tha Bondita... Mein bas... bas sahi samay ka intzaar kar raha tha. Taki tum in sab baton ko samajh sakoon"

She closed her eyes and a tear escaped from her right eye. I resisted my urge to go up there and wipe it off. I didn't speak more... I couldn't speak more. How can I? What should I say? Well I do have my reasons but those doesn't mean anything to her. With a heavy heart, I realized this wasn't my Bondita. This was someone else. And I found it difficult to cope up with the unknowingly familiar person in front of me. I wanted my Bondita back. What can I do for bringing her back?

Sounds of movements brought me out of my train of thoughts and I looked up to see Bondita opening the cupboard and taking out a random Saree. She marched towards the bathroom while I remained there on the floor.

The sound of water touching the floor hit my ears but I still remained there. I have to fix this. I can't let her be like that. I can't see her like this for one more day. What should I do? What should I say? Why didn't I think that such a day would come when I took that decision in that dreadful night? Why wasn't I prepared for this day though I knew it was to come sooner?

I ran a hand over my hair and slammed my fist to the ground. After sometime, Bondita exited the bathroom and stopped abruptly. I looked up to see what it was for and saw she was staring horrified at my hand. I looked down to spot an injury that was bleeding heavily. When did that happen? I have no idea.

She sighed and made her way towards the sofa. After setting her bed, she turned to me. I was watching her all the while. She folded her hands and said, looking to the ground.

"Mujhe sona hai... Ap kripaya yahan se chale jayiye Pa... Barrister babu"

My eyes widened at her request. Barrister babu? Seriously Bondita? So I'm not your birristira babu or pati babu anymore? And what did she say? She was shutting me out? My Bondita?

"Bondita..."

"Please" she insisted, her voice dead cold.

I blinked at her twice and stood up. After staring at her for some time, I stormed out of the room in frustration and anger. That isn't my Bondita. Where is my Bondita? I need her back. I want her back. What have I turned her into? How can I get her back now?

These questions kept repeating on my head. After reaching the study and locking the door, I screamed in annoyance and rage. And before I even know it, I had kicked the wooden teapoy away.

-----------------------------------------------

Well, nothing more...

Just

Vote! Vote! Vote!

Comment! Comment! Comment! Comment! Comment!

And yeah GG question:

1. What do you think will Anirudh do now?

Baaki you all know🤪

Ily all❤️

Love,

MS❤️