CHAPTER 8 : Part 4

Anirudh's p.o.v

What I said to Jessica was indeed unruly of me. I shouldn't have asked her to leave, I'm sure she knows nothing about the problems between Greenwood and my family. Sometimes, I so wish I could use my brain when I'm angry. Bondita and Kaka is right... I've got no brain when I'm in anger. But there is nothing much I can do about it either. Controlling it seems like cold hell. Bondita even tried making me do particular meditations in Yoga but nothing really worked out. How can it when she goes on ranting that it's her 'Patni-dharam' to help me out? I will lose it. And that's when we finally came across this breathing technique she taught me. Though I forget to do that in the heat of the moment and go with the flow, it kind of works when I do remember it once in a while – again, if only I remember.

Shaking my head to dismiss these thoughts, I took a deep breath before looking at Woodstock house before me. Greenwood shouldn't be here. He should be in his office at this hour. So hopefully, I'll just have to see Jessica and close the business then and there as fast as possible. I was about to open the gate when I saw the person coming out of the main door. I paused and hid myself behind the wall to check on him.

Tapas came out of the building, looking here and there to make sure nobody saw him before sneaking out by... jumping off the wall? Why? What is he doing here? Does this mean my doubts on him are proving to be true? Is he with Greenwood? Oh no! What if it's all a pre-planned strategy by Greenwood? Another plotting against my family! I swear I would never leave him this time. And this Tapas! How dare he even think of fooling us? Are we all a joke to him? Everybody in the house considers him to be a part of the family and this is his dirty secret?! This is who he is – the real face behind the mask? So this is what his grey shades were hiding from me! But don't you dare believe Anirudh Roy Chowdhary is going to make this easy for you Tapas Chakraborty! You'll dread this decision of being double-faced. Deceiving Roy Chowdhary's trust is the worst thing you can do! And mark my words you traitor! You are done!

When I came back to the house, the scene in front of me irked me more. Bondita was stuffing a Roshogulla inside Tapas's mouth and Batuk was whining and sulking at her. They seemed very happy. Bondita considers him to be her best friend and that viper was taking advantage of her innocence. By this time, not only Bondita but everybody here has garnered an affection for this person. Bondita always laughed at me when I voiced my doubts regarding him. He was cheating everyone here, every damn one! Anger flood through my veins and it took me everything I had to not break his nose then and there. How dare he?!

"Arre Pati babu! Ap agaye? Josie ne kya kaha?" Bondita asked happily.

I scoffed and stormed away from there before giving a pointed glower to Tapas, obviously getting some confused glances behind me. When I entered the study, I smacked the objects on the table and they broke and scattered over the floor. Not after long, I heard anklets jingling behind me.

"Greenwood tha kya wahan?" I heard her questioning warily, worry and curiosity lacing her voice.

If only she knew! But why didn't she see the face beneath his mask? It wasn't that hard for me to analyze something was wrong with him. If this is how she is, how is she going to make a good Barrister? It's high time Bondita start taking use of her brain and not just her heart. She should know everyone is not as sweet and innocent as her. But no! She's just like her KSJ! Waiting for every person to come and fool her. First Saudamini, then Brijwasi, Sampoorna, always Kaka and now him! She hasn't learnt a thing from all those incidents!

"Yeh kya kar diya apne Pati babu? Dekho poora kamra bigad gaya hai!"

I turned to see her placing a glass of water on the teapoy and bending down to pick up the scattered objects on floor. I ran a hand through my hair out of frustration.