| 6 | Punishment | 6 |

Why?

Why why why?

Why did May decide to come "check on me" on one of the only days I went out as Spiderman? Luckily, I had gotten into the habit of changing back into regular clothes before I got home for this specific reason, but I still questioned why May had chosen the one day I had gone out as Spiderman to check my room.

This was my current predicament.

I was standing in my room, being screamed at by a drunk May, which meant a beating was soon to come.

May suddenly stopped screaming.

"Do you think you deserve to be punished Peter?" She asked. I hated when she did this. She would get mad if I said no, but would still punish me if I said yes. There was no escape, and she knew that I knew.

"Yes ma'am." I spoke quietly. I hated having to "decide my fate" in a way. Sure I knew that she would punish me anyway, but there was something about having the words come out of your own mouth that was so discouraging.

May smiled, then suddenly grabbed my hair and threw me to the ground. She began kicking me, but soon grew tired of that. 

Eventually, she just grabbed the nearest beer bottle, and smashed it on the ground, leaving her with a very sharp bottle.

"May please-" But I was interrupted by as large piece of glass slamming into my right leg as I cried out in pain.

"Stay here." May said. 

I stayed in my position on the ground as I listened to her shuffling through a cabinet in the kitchen.

After a couple minutes, she came back, a box of cigarettes in her hand.

"Please. Ma'am please." I begged, but it didn't seem to have any affect on her.

"What did I tell you to call me?" May asked.

"M-ma'am or m-miss." I mentally slapped myself for stuttering. I'm Spiderman for Thors sake. I shouldn't be afraid of my own aunt!

"And what did you just call me?" It was a rhetorical question, but we both knew the answer. How could I be so stupid??? I called her May. It had just slipped out in my panic, and I wasn't thinking...

I watched as May pulled out the first cigarette and lit it carefully. I slowly backed up until my back hit the wall. I knew what was about to happen was inevitable, so I stopped, and just watched as May approached, and crouched in front of me.

"Arm." She spoke simply. I shakily raised my arm, and let her grab it harshly. My heart seemed to be beating out of my chest, even before she moved at all.

Everything seemed to move in slow motion as May slammed the cigarette down on my arm, and I screamed in pain. She waited until the cigarette wasn't doing anything anymore, before shoving a cloth in my mouth, and repeating the process.

After what seemed like hours and my arms were littered in cigarette burns, May finally stopped.

"What were you punished for Peter?" She asked calmly, pulling the cloth out of my mouth.

"G-going out w-without your p-permission." I stuttered. May smiled.

"Good. And you won't do it again will you?" She asked, sounding like she was scolding a little kid for taking candy.

"N-no ma'am."

May smiled, and left my room, slamming the door behind her.

I stood up shakily, barely being able to hold my wait, and stumbled over to my bed. Suddenly remembering my leg, I grabbed my phone, and went to the group chat. 

Peter 

How do you treat a stab wound? 

Tony 

WHY DO YOU NEED TO KNOW THIS??? 

Didn't you just get shot last week? 

Frisbee Man 

You got WHAT? 

Peter 

Not important. 

Now does anyone know how to treat a stab wound? 

For real 

Tony 

Just clean it, and stitch it the same way as the bullet wound 

Peter 

Thanks 

Ms. Nat

How did you get stabbed anyway?

Peter

I got mugged

Big Sister

WHO DO I NEED TO KILL?

Peter

Killing is illegal

Big Brother

So is stabbing someone

Peter

That's not the point

And uh... I should probably fix my leg now so...

Bye!